1933 - 1936 INTERNATIONAL GRILLE INSERT

• 3 weeks later...
Guest robert harris

Good luck with your search....I would guess that the grill insert is a pretty rare item.I have a '36 1&1/2 ton flatbed 'Nat that I spent a lot of time on restoring the trim that goes on the radiator shell.I powder coated the grill insert in a textured matte black finish and am almost ready to paint the truck and reinstall the trim,insert,etc.My radiator shell emblem needs restoring and I found a place called Emblemagic.com that makes 'em like new again,if that helps you any.The insert looks like it could be fabricated fairly easily if you could find a similar grille pattern.It might not be original but I think it wouldn't be too difficult,especially for a sheetmetal customizing shop.Good luck and contact me if you have any questions.By the way,the insert fits 1934 to early 1937 Nats.In mid '37 ,the body style changed completely to an art deco masterpiece,but I still like the older style of the '34/37 early models.I'm looking for a couple of hubcaps for my 1&1/2 ton if you have any spares or might have any leads.Thanks.....

Last set of pics..

These trucks and parts are for sale but the guy does not ship and does not have time to remove parts from the parts trucks. The only one not for sale is the truck that says "Look Park" on the door. I am supposed to do some metal work on that one.

He has more too... including a open cab and chassis with 3000 miles; ex fire truck...but left outside and is surface rusty. It's in another barn. Also has one real nice factory stake bed with all the stakes. Also a NOS flat rad cap for $75

He claims pickup grille is not different? Also, there are TWO types of inserts in these pics...one is steel, one is aluminum.

If someone wants parts badly, I suppose my 18 yr old son can be hired to pull parts and ship?...I haven't asked him yet :)

post-59419-143138192191_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138192194_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138192197_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138192201_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
Guest 1934International

To RJ,

I would like to follow up on the possiblity of your son doing some work so I could get one of the grilles.

Do you think that is an option?

Ed

1934International

• 3 months later...
Guest 04mustang

Hi, if possible I would like to hire him to get a speedometer gauge for me. can you call me at 910-258-2099

thank you,

corey

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest Kennyhh1111

Ken in Boston looking for parts from 1934 thru 1940 international engine parts from Hd-213 engine

Exhaust manifold with intake and carburetor , water pump, and speedometer cable housing, fly wheel pressure plate clutch plate and throw out bearing. Ken 609/712-1111

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Dbos said:

F&J, if possible would you be willing to message me about the location of these trucks? I'd be willing to drive about anywhere for the parts I need or even to buy another one . Thank you much !!

All of that entire collection of IH trucks and all parts were sold in two large lots right after I made my post in 2010.  I had no idea the owner already had 2 buyers persistently contacting him back then.  The owner has passed away and I don't know where the two buyers lived. 

he was lucky for an odd reason, the nice one in the old barn that he said he'd never sell...  he changed his mind and that one was sold to somebody in R.I. and then that huge barn burned to the ground later.  I'm glad that truck was long gone before the fire.

• Like 1

Cannot help with the request, but these trucks stick in my mind because I used to walk to our town center as a 13, 14  year old (saving odd job money and lobbying dad to get involved in the hobby) to stare at an International pick up, 36 I believe, for sale at a gas station, it was maybe $750.  Sat a long time and was pretty beat but what a great face!