Help ID 2 cars in 1914 photo at Green County Fair

Guest stude8

I acquired this neat panoramic photo at an antique sale in 2001. It portrays the Madison, WI Studebaker owners group attending the Sept, 1914 Green County Fair at Monroe, WI. I was informed the very large image 63" wide x 6" high was made with a special camera that rotated its lens through a 180 degree span exposing a film strip wrapped around a half circular holder.

There are 16 vehicles in the complete image, 14 are Studebakers but two in the center of the field are not, they have an upside down triangular pyramid shape radiator emblem that has been suggested to be Hudson, Oakland or other?

I have made digital copies of each segment for a total of 5 frames showing all the cars. All the Studebakers have been identified (2ea 1913; 7ea 1914 Model SC; 3ea 1914 Model EB; 1ea 1914 Flanders; 1ea 1915 SD).

There are a total of 86 people in the photo! Mostly in the cars.

Can anyone identify the two non-Studebakers [License plate number 33024W and ?60W]?

*Upon further review due to file size and time restraints I can only load the right half of the Green County Fair image at this time photos GCFltr13, GCFltr14 & GCFltr15.

Stude8

post-31139-143138023456_thumb.jpg

post-31139-14313802347_thumb.jpg

post-31139-143138023483_thumb.jpg

Leif,

Thank you for the 1914 Hudson photos, I think there is no question now that the two unidentified cars are Hudson's.

Remember the cars pictured are almost all less than 1 year old at the time of the photo, Sept 8-9-10, 1914 (See pennents on several of the cars).

I suspect the two Hudsons are cars of the selling dealer who assembled all his recent customers Studebakers at the fair for this photo event.

I like the hats on all the ladies in their Sunday finest wear. The group is likely German and Scandinavian folks who settled in that area of Wisconsin a hundred years ago.

Stude8

Hi

They are Hudsons, but two different years. The touring is a 1914 6-40, the only year the upper windshield folds down. The roadster is a 1915 6-40, with the fixed position windshield posts. The other difference is the head light bar. The '14 is lower on the head lights.

By the way, the orange and brown touring pictured above is mine. I take no credit for the color, it was on it when I bought it. The correct color is dark blue body, back fenders and hood, a better looking combination.

Drive Safe

Jeff

Nova Scotia

Canada

Thank you Jeff for the positive ID on the two Hudson's in the photo. I can now finish my Excel file that identifies all the vehicles to attach to the back of the photo when I frame it up for preservation.

The original photo was 62-1/2" wide and sometime long ago it was cut in half and framed over and under in a half length wooden frame. It looks like it hung for years in a tavern somewhere, there are some water stains along one edge.

I hope a friend who has Photoshop can merge the individual frames again into one long file to reproduce the long image from.

From photography experts I have shown it to the opinion is all the cars were parked in a semi circle around the camera so that they all look to be in a long line but each car is the same distance from camera lens thus they all are in good focus.

The guy I bought this from had a second photo same size (63inch wide) of US Navy Battleships in Havana, Cuba harbor taken from a hilltop. Same vintage 1910-15, it was a remarkable image but I couldn't justify the $150 he wanted for it.

Stude8