More Duryea Hill Climb

Guest Stonefish

The GMC is almost certainly a 1957 due to the unique parking light trim wrapped around the side of the fender (didn't exist in '58, larger/more complex in '55/'56).

The Hudson is likewise almost certainly a '51 Hornet by the side trim. The model badge at the front of the side spear hung below the spear on the other '50 & '51 models instead of being bisected by it like it is here. The tail of the side spear didn't extend as low from '52 on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy with the hat is holding a Geiger counter, I think. shocked.gif ........</div></div>

The guy in the pith helmet is the starter and is holding the "starter stick mechanism", my hi-tech term, which is placed just in front of the front tyre and triggers the timing mechanism when the tyre passes over it.

Guest Stonefish

Thanks Leonard...I should have done that in the first place!

Good work guys...I'll see if I can post some more pixs that have mutiple cars in them our PHA photos files have grown greatly in the last year!

the Cobra picture is taken much later than the MG photo, the truck is a 68 or later version (side marker lights) ...

plus the roll bar hoop is ABOVE the drivers helmet, a change they made in the safety rules

wonder where that Cobra is now, I am sure the rumpled up grille area is no longer that way ...

Guest Stonefish

The Cobra photo is circa 69-70 from the Fleetwood Hill Climb in Fleetwood, PA. That is Ned Beshore, he co-drove that Cobra with his brother Scott. They ran it last in 1976.