french lake auto parts

auburn salon

has anyone ever identified the remains of a high quality mid 20's car there that is way in the back of this huge yard? it is aluminum bodied, fancy aluminum floor, and dash. it is very incomplete. my guess is a templar,or wills st. clair, as these were fancy cars on the smaller side.any guesses?

Guest ken bogren

I'm hoping to get out there next week, I'll have to see if I can find this car.

Any better hints of where it is in the yard?

[added] ..I should ask, this is the French Lake Auto Parts in MN, right? Or is there another?[/added]

Guest Mike Terry

You need to call and get Floyd's input. It is his yard and his kids now run it. He knows where everything is. I just talked to him about some window trim for my Hupmobile.

Mason, It sounds like your "Wills St. Claire" guess might be on target. I rec'd the following response to a email I sent to French Lake Auto Parts:

"Hi,Im Skip at French Lake Auto Parts in Annandale,Mn.After seeing the email and talking with my Dad.The only car we know of with a alum body is still out there and pretty much all fallen apart.But this one is a closed car,it had 2 of the door sill plates still sitting there,it had a logo of a "flying goose" on them and are made out of brass.Does that ring a bell???If you want,we could wait for alittle more snow to melt off it,and send you some picts.I do have 1 rear door and the 2 sill plates by our office. Thanks,Skip "

Guest prof pat

Ok, call me stupid, but where is French Lake auto Parts, and don't just say french lake.....I know some of you guys.

Guest elmo39

I don't live in the US so i went to google earth , typed in french lake it came up as south east of Terri Haute IN . if i had the location of the yard i could have probably looked right into it,the image was that clear . i realise it probably would have been out of date

Guest prof pat

Thanks guys, and I was just kidding, do not be so sensitive.

Most of us are just nice guys, who happen to love old cars, not just restored "trailer queens, but raw old, rusty metal.

Thanks.

Pat OBrien

Prescott, Arizona