1931 cowl moulding

jscheib

Does anyone know where one would find a reproduction outside cowl moulding for a '31 60 series?

If someone has an original that needs repair, re-plating, etc. this would be acceptable if we find no one has or does reproduce these as done for '32 cars. This car did not have anything there when obtained.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I am bringing this to the top again with another plea for help. Is there any source for a replacement cowl molding for a '31 60 series, or at least somewhere we can get a dawing, maybe a few good photos, so we can make a new one.

We have not had much help from the Tech Advisors for '31s, so hoping there is someone with a bit of knowledge.

John

John,

I guess you are referring to the three sections of chrome moulding that runs across the top and down both sides of the cowl and incorporates the side lights.

I think you will find this moulding is the same as used on 1930 models and is the same for all series. This info may enable you to broaden your search area.

Stuart,

Thanks so much for the info. Mac Blair, whom I reley on for all things '32, did say it was a three piece item, but your help will indeed enable us to broaden our search. We know of a nearby '30 which we should be able to examine and measure, but likely would not want to remove for a full pattern. Thanks again. It would seem doubtful that anyone has a reproduction part available.

John

John,

Perhaps you can get some replacement chrome molding from a local body shop or boat restoration & supply company. I have a 31 Model 57 & would be glad to make a cross sectional drawing for you with dimensions & photos of mine, but I just don't know if it is the same profile on a 60 series car.

Mark,

Thanks for the offer, and we may not need to take advantage of your offer. We have located a 90 series '30 nearby and may also be able to get the idea, as some of the larger series are similar, There is also a 60 series nearby and we are trying to get a look at that. I will let you know, probably by direct e-mail.

Thanks again for the offer and I will let you know.

John

Thanks for the info, we will check it out. I recall communicating with you before regarding your woodwork. Did you ever find a kit? I will let you know if I find a deck lid, and I guess you want the inside rumble seat set-up.

John