Coil Assembly (Judging status)

Tacoma

First my sincere thanks to Jon, JWC and Jim Finn for their great imput regarding my question on the coil and module assembly. JWC, Your reference to Padgett's article was very informative and interesting.but it also raised another question of judging. I'm prepareing my reatta to show, possibly this year in Seattle. Can anyone tell me if points will be deducted if I switch to to the Delco coil (which seems to be the better coil) Or should stay with an original good new or usedMagnavox which can still be obtained.

I have been a judge at several BCA meets and points will definitely be taken for the wrong coil.

In this same area, the correct spark plug wires for '88-90 Reattas are a medium grey, numbered and lettered in white and with the word Packard on them.

Craig,

That is exactly one of the items / differences I am refering to...Delco's are solid medium gray with no identifying marks on the wires.....

I also believe the original wires were all different lengths..not so on the replacements.

Guest F14CRAZY

I've been using an Accel Magnavox coil intended for turbo 3.8's. It's the black plastic and attaches to your old aluminum base. It looks perfectly stock and normal. I didn't buy it for a performance gain (there isn't one) but it was cheaper from Jeg's than a normal replacement coil pack would have been from Advance