Windshield for '63 Riviera

Guest wld62

Guest wld62

Hi,

A friend of mine is thinking of buying a '63 Riviera. It is all original and in pretty good shape, but the windshield is cracked. Does anyone know where he can find a replacement?

Thanks very much,

Chuck

Guest oakland

You may want to check the Buy/Sell listings. A fellow has parts for a 64 Riviera for for sale. Don't know if he has a windshield or not, but you may want to contact him. The 64 and 63 windshields are the same.

I talked with the owner of the glass shop where I have most of my work done and I was told that new ones are still available. Not that expensive; less than $300 if I remember correctly. Ask around at different glass shops until you find someone who's willing to dig into some old catalogs and find a part number for you.

Always go to the old side of town and find the glass shop over there. "Intranet? we got catalogs." They can find any windshield around, at least back to my 55. Yeah, it cost more than ordering online, but it was delivered to their store instead of a place of business. Most freight lines won't deliver to a residence.

Mike

$300.00 or less installed for a new one. 63 - 65 is the same. Its a no-brainer and the tint will be blue , not brown. I would not worry about the logo , PPG vs. whatever . - who will notice , not the judges from BCA ( not important ) . You buy a used one and they are very brittle and a good chance it will break on installation. Good Luck !

Guest wld62

Thank you everyone for your responses. Just spoke to the guy who was looking at the Riviera, and he decided to pass on it.