Lester Tires

Clipper47

I am looking for opinions on Lester tires. I know that they are bias ply and I am not looking for an opinion about bias vs. radial tires just opinions or experiences bad or good about this brand and comparisons with similar tires (Coker etc.). PM me if you don't want to write any negative comments. Thanks.

I bought four 8 years ago from Universal Tire and they are holding up great. Running the correct tire pressure and with the suspension parts in good condition the car handles just fine. My only compliant would be that the bias whitewalls yellow easily however they all do including Coker?s, with the exception of Diamondback classics radials. They will not yellow and are extremely easy to clean.

Heading to Carlisle since it is right up the road.

I think that Lester has changed their carcass design from what was used years ago. My grandfather used them on all his cars, and they were ok. He did have a few horrible blowouts, but they were tire from the 1970s (this happened in the 1980s). This is pure hearsay, but I think they got a bad rap from using poor carcasses way back when. Many people I know use them without problems, but I think the tread design does not look authentic. I have Custom Classic on my Franklin now, and they cup easily. Next set will be BF Goodrich Silvertowns.

Guest Albert

I have a set of lester on my Packard, i put on 3 years ago, which have about 7000 miles on them so far, (5000 miles the first year) and they have been good so far no problems even at 85MPH..they handled ok, maybe not like a porsche though.. but you have to sort of expect that..