Any baseball fans going to Seattle?

Guest imported_Thriller

Guest imported_Thriller

In discussions with my in-laws in Oregon, I found out the Mariners are at home starting Thursday, July 26 - see schedule. I don't know if I'd want to go, or if I could afford it, but I thought I'd put it out there, and perhaps informally a group might take in one of the games.

Just a thought. Bill and I are debating getting a fishing charter while we're out there too....

Guest imported_Thriller

Chuckle. Unfortunately Mark, with Suzanne having limited time off, we are leaving Sunday to go to her sister's place in Oregon for a few days, then heading home, so the ferry won't be in the cards for us...besides, I won't be bringing my gear...I would need an outfitter to supply appropriate tackle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless of course you are taking a Brass Era Ferry:D </div></div>

Since the topic has turned from baseball to fishing to ferries, I would love to have been able to share with you the beautiful art deco ferry Kalakala. While too late to be a "brass-era ferry", the 1935 Kalakala would have been the perfect ferry to transport the Buick Pre-War Division to San Juan Island for that portion of their driving tour following the national meet.

I see the Kalakala every day, since it's moored just north of our company dock on the Hylebos Waterway. Now in need of millions of dollars for restoration, the Kalakala is in a state of serious disrepair. But the vessel has received national historic designation, and there's hope that this great floating artifact can once again ply the waters of Puget Sound.

Can you imagine how cool this vessel looked when it entered service in 1935? Here you can see how she compared to the other car ferries of the day:

KKBainbridge1935DonGray.JPG

NEWK.jpg

For anyone having an interest, here's the official Kalakala website:

http://www.kalakala.org/