24 Opera Coupe

StevenOz

Just looking for some info on a 24 Opera Coupe. I own it now and it's in really good condition all original. I'm looking to pick up wiring for it. The wires from the motor generator are shot and shorting out. Can I get NOS wires for this beauty?

SteveOz

Steve,

Which model do you have? Look at the plate on the firewall by the horn and there

should be a number that reads 24- ??. What is the ??. I don't think you could find

NOS wires for your car. You could get a wiring harness from people who advertise in

Hemmings. Get the shop manual for the car. There isn't one for the 1924 Buick so get

the 1925. There is a guy on ebay who sells reprints of it. You can also get info at the

1927 Buick club on the net http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/1927buicks/ and by joining

the national Buick club http://www.buickclub.org/

See, here's the thing. I don't think I need an actual harness. This is only three wires coming off the motor generator. They run through the firewall and connect to the Ignition, Amperes gauge, and the Coil. No real "harness" persay. I guess I'm looking for the replacement wires. They look like 12 gauge but I want to get the "cloth" insulated wire not the vinyl wires. Is there a place that just sells this type of wire. I'm looking but it's difficult when you really don't know what you're look at or for. I'm brand new at this whole thing.

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rhode Island Wiring sells the correct cloth-covered wires in bulk or by the foot. They probably have a website if you do a search. You can call them and get their wiring supplies catalogue. That's what I did when I had my '24 and it needed new wires.

Pete Phillips

BCA #7338 </div></div>

Rhode Island Wiring

Bubba

My 24 Opera Coupe Number is 24-6-48. I contacted Kara and Marsha from RI Wiring Service and they will get the wires for me. Right now I've made a temporary set and resolved the wiring issue. It appeared that the starter pedal (rod) was stuck half into the motor generator drawing full amperage from the battery. That's been resolved and all the lights work. Now I'm working on getting the motor unstuck. Going to use PB Blaster...

Wish me luck

StevenOz