Senior SIx, Victory Six, Standard Six request.

Joefm

I thought that I would start a thread with a different title to grab the attention of Senior, Victory and Standard Six owners. We are trying to find owners that can post photos of the oil filter tanks that are on their cars, in particular what the decal that is on the tank looks like. Any and all help would be appreciated, just asking for a little help, thanks, Joe.

I have been gone for a week, I will post a picture in the next day or two. Are there any Dodge Brothers out there that can help? Somebody that reads this forum has to have a Victory or Senior Six, just looking for someone to help out and share some information, please.

I would really like to see a pict. of your filter, I would not get so aggravated because there are no response, we are talking about a filter that came originally on a car that was built over 70 years ago, there are prob. very few of these around still and even less would still have a label on them, things like this take much time and patience but that is supposed to be fun. Anyway will await your pict.

Dont know if you realize it or not but that is not the original filter style filter that your car left factory with so therefore that filter will not share the same label as mine would, I know that those cartridge were readily avail. at your local Napa up until only recently but they can still be had on e-bay from time to time. I am sure that throughout the years there were many different prints on those filters including a stamped imprint which is on a spare filter of this variety that I have here. I am sure that if any info i have offered here is incorrect I will be corrected but I believe that to be a standard wix filter. Hope this helps.

I must disagree, the way that this request has gone for information and help, if you are incorrect no one will post anyway. Someone out there must have a good example or information that can help, they just don't seem willing to share.

I have to say in as nicely a way as I can, either that guy is playing games, or (maybe his parents woudnt give him that shiny new Dodge Brothers truck one christmas) and he is a very bitter person

The oil filter you are looking for was a disposable unit with two lines atached to feed it. The lines entered and exited from the SAME END. The style that has recenty become obsolete had an entry on one end and the exit on the opposite end and was NOT ORIGINAL.

I know there are some reproduction oil filters out there as used on Cadillac, Buick and some other makes that are VERY similar if not identical to the one that Dodge used. They are pricey but hide a modern filter inside that can be replaced without replacing the whole thing.

Bill

Sorry to say that is very incorrect unless I am misunderstanding you, the original oil filter, ( which I have and can clearly be viewed in the DA owners manual has an attchment at EACH end one inlet and the outlet and I am not looking for the filter anyway I am looking for a picture of the label that was on the filter when new. Also I have already split my original oil filter and placed a modern day filter inside of it which can be replaced easily and those reproductions that you are talking about are between 3-400 dollars, they are plastic and do not look like the original filter that Dodge came with, I have several pages of info here on those repro units. The filter that you mention that has recently become obselete is the wix type filter and although the line configuration is correct the size and style is not. Might want to do some further research on the matter.

Sorry-- I did get confused, and confused by your posting. However if you want to "cheat" a little on originality the oil filters I spoke of run about $150 or so but have both the inlet and outlet on one end.

However this is a decal thread so the issue is mute.

Thank you for setting me straight...

• 1 month later...