Seattle Nat'l BCA Forum ID tag/draft

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

I had posted earlier asking if anyone knew of a font for the "BCA Forum" letters that would be close to the official Buick logo but have not come up with anything yet. I found one on the internet but somehow lost it into cyberspace. I will keep on looking but wanted to go ahead and throw this out as an idea.I can make as many of the little pennants as needed and the top tag part is the same size as a standard name tag. The difficult part will come with having room for extra long names and IDs. Later on, I'll offer to make them at no charge (or if you insist, maybe a drink) for any forum member that wants one and who is registered for the Nationals. This is only a rough draft. Can change based on your thoughts, comments, suggestions. Or if any one else has one they want to throw in the ring let's see it.

1002273dm4.jpg

Thanks for working on some ideas, MrEarl. Looks like you've got a great start.

While I don't have specific input, whatever gets developed here can be made available for our forum members to pick up when they arrive at the National Meet registration desk in Seattle. As the time approaches for the Meet, we'll also be very specific about a couple of times/places for us to all meet one another.

Mr. Earl, this is a great idea. What a great way to get to 'meet in person' all the fellow Buick nuts who we only know as an "AKA" name. Count me in on this one, and lets see if we can figure out a time and place for all to meet. I wonder how many are going to be surprised at the meeting of the actual person. Thanks, Paul

Here are a couple of thoughts regarding meeting times. We could pick either or both, so I welcome your input.

As mentioned previously, we can set aside a couple of tables at the XXX Drive-In restaurant on Thursday, allowing us to meet together during that event. I can save these tables in advance, since I'll be there on Thursday afternoon setting up traffic cones. The noise and activity level might make it a bit difficult to talk, so perhaps this would not be the best option. Folks might prefer to enjoy this time with family and friends.

Alternatively (or in addition to), we could plan a Friday morning breakfast in the Hilton's restaurant. Perhaps 7:00 AM or 7:30 AM. This would allow us some time to gather and talk prior to the day's tours. The judges training meetings are not scheduled until the afternooon, so the question here is whether we might run into some schedule conflicts with the BCA Board meeting, chapter coordinator meeting, Buick Heritage Alliance meeting, etc. I have not seen times posted yet for these business meetings.

Please let me know what you think, and we'll plan accordingly. If you have other ideas, I'd like to hear them.

• 5 months later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Well, as I could never find just the right font, I never followed through with the Forum ID tags. BUT I will have about 25 of the little yellow BUICK pennants with a pin clasp on back. I'll hand them out to all in attendance at the breakfast and later to any Forum member wishing to have one.

Maybe I'll have found a satisfactory font by next year.

Guest imported_MrEarl

DRAGNRIK, I Googled Garamond and I don't think that's style I am looking for.

HERE'S the thread of when I was looking for the older style font. (and a crazy thread it go to be there for awhile,by the way ol 57Roadmaster are you still out there? Been missin you and your antics)

I'd still like to either find the font or if necessary pay someone to coreograph (is that the right term)the Word/letters for me.I used an ink stamp to make this years little yellow pennants with but am considering having some silk screened for next year.

I had 3-4 people at the Meet ask me where I got my little yellow pennant and where they might could get one. It led to some conversation of the forum and hopefully prompted them to check in. It was brought up at the Forum Breakfast to have a line on next years Registrations for people to enter their Forum ID so they could be put on the name tags.There was plenty of room on the tags this year. Hopefully that can be carried out.(if not to late already)

So still, any help will be appreciated.

436127-buick_logo_2.jpg