1936 Buick Special Series 40 parts wanted....

72Rivi

Good day all, I'm a newly registered user here. Great forums!! I'm looking for front fenders that accomodate sidemounts for a 1936 Buick Special, and sidemount covers as well. I would appreciate any help or advice regarding installing sidemounts to my Buick. I've heard they sell kits for sidemounts? Can anyone verify this? - Rigo C.

Guest dabecker65@gmail.com

Greetings. These forums are indeed a great asset - I've only been on a short time. With respect to adding sidemounts to a non-mounted car, I think the '36 mounting was similar to the '38 I had and you will need the brackets that bolt from the frame and rise through the fenderwell that the spare wheels secure to. Also the higher rate front springs to handle the additional weight and maintain proper ride height. Consider joining the BCA if you haven't already as there are a lot of good sources from good advice to parts to be had.

Good luck w/ your project

Thank you sir....I've dealt with Chevrolet's most of my life; but did own a '72 Ruick Riviera Sport Coupe a few years ago. Due to other projects I had to part with my Rivi, but I now come to realize that was a huge mistake; and hope to one day own another one just like it. I have now left the Chevrolet world behind to beauty of the BUICKS. Gotta love 'em! I didn't know I needed all that other stuff to place sidemounts on my car...I've got more work ahead of me. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest wdmoore
Good day all, I'm a newly registered user here. Great forums!! I'm looking for front fenders that accomodate sidemounts for a 1936 Buick Special, and sidemount covers as well. I would appreciate any help or advice regarding installing sidemounts to my Buick. I've heard they sell kits for sidemounts? Can anyone verify this? - Rigo C.[/QU

My father just sold his 36 Buick but still has lots of boxes of new/old stock that we are interested in selling. Anyone interested, email danandjan1125@comcast.net.
You will be better to start a new thread with a list and /or photos of the parts and your location.

Buick - Buy/Sell - AACA Forums

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Guest Grant Magrath

There's a guy who makes Buick sidemount hardware. I posted his details here a while back. I wish I could remember his name!!

Cheers

Grant

Mr Dab,

You mention some different front shocks for cars with dual side mounts. Can you tell me the part number of these shocks?

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn - numbers as listed in 1936 Book of Parts

Group 7.412

Part No 1286635 spring ( regular ) models 41, 46, 46S and 48

" 1292367 " ( Fender Well ) model 41

" 1293210 " " " models 46, 46C, 46S and 48

They appear to be the only springs listed for the Special 40 Series, there are different part numbers listed for each of the other Series ( 60, 60 and 90 ) and different numbers for each regular and fender well, except for the 90 Series which doesnt list a regular spring ( only came with sidemounts )

Interestingly the Century Coupes and Convertible Coupes came standard with only one sidemount ( although most purchasers seemed to order the additional sidemount but I have seen several with only one ), does this mean they would fit a regular spring on one side and a heavier duty Fender Well spring on the other?

post-31244-1431387325_thumb.jpg

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)