Pontiac VIN

Restorer32

2 = Pontiac

K = Grand Prix

57 = Body/Style number - K57 = 2dr ht 5 passenger (no breakout for SJ model)

Y = 455 V8, 4bbl, 8.0:1 compression, 250 net HP engine

3 = 1973

P = built Pontiac MI

316390 = sequential unit production number beginning with 100001.

As per Krause Standard Catalog of Pontiac/Oakland 1995 edition -

• 14 years later...

Hello are you still in contact with your friend who owns this Grand Prix? 

I am trying to track this down. My father was the original owner of it and sold it in 2004. I am trying to track it down and find out who owns it now. I tried to personal message you on here but I just created my account so it would not allow me to. 
thank you 

50 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

Was this a cream colored car ?

It was black with a burgundy interior. I will attach some photos of it in a little bit if that helps you remember.  the individual who bought it from my dad in 2004 was from Connecticut. About a year or two after he sold it to him that buyer sold it to someone else who I assume was your friend.

2 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

Pics would certainly help.  Back in that time we did work on many cars for a collector car dealer. Quick in and out stuff. Neither I nor my Son remember the car.  I will ask the dealer if he has any memory or record of it.   

9A4B1D1B-F67B-40F4-99D9-EEF239823A6A.jpeg

D7EE3DAF-20BE-4E88-83FB-B96263BD7DBD.jpeg

952E4BCB-4E5D-402B-B883-C3FAC005A8A2.jpeg

BD48DF4A-3AAD-45FF-9D35-121BC1294C1B.jpeg

Pics would certainly help.  Back in that time we did work on many cars for a collector car dealer. Quick in and out stuff. Neither I nor my Son remember the car.  I will ask the dealer if he has any memory or record of it.   

09CF464D-4EB0-4734-8E96-DF6127D7D3DE.jpeg

I may need to have the VIN ran and see who it comes back to now and where it’s at. Hoping it doesn’t come back as “Junked” but I know that may be a good possibility. 

As you can see it was showroom condition. So hoping it stayed that way 

29 minutes ago, jyones12 said:

Ok? Not sure what help you offered here but thanks….

Someone might remember because it is not stock.  The modifications are like a unique fingerprint.  It will stand out over an unmodified version of the same car which might help in tracing its location.

2 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Someone might remember because it is not stock.  The modifications are like a unique fingerprint.  It will stand out over an unmodified version of the same car which might help in tracing its location.

Thank for you clarifying. I appreciate it 

12 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

I got ahold of the owner and spoke to him today.
thank you

• Like 1