Spring photo shoot

Barry Wolk

I have a friend that owns an ad agency that caters to the Big 3, especially Ford. He had purchased an older factory and turned it into his offices and huge photo stage. He contacted me and asked if I would supply my car for a stock photo shoot in exchange for a portfolio of pictures for my own personal use.

They shot the Mark II over a 2 day period, producing four master shots and a bunch of detail shots. The master shots don't look real, because they're not. The shots are a product of advanced Photoshop work. A master shot in each scene was taken with perfect lighting on the body. Detail shots were taken of all the design elements taken in their best lighting and those shots were tiled onto the master shot making it appear that everything on the car is perfectly lit and in focus. The white background was filtered out to give the appearance that the car is floating.

I especially like the fish-eye perspective shot. They took a master shot with the front end in focus. Then they moved the focal point back about a foot and took another shot. They repeated the process and built up an image that was totally in focus. An impossible shot otherwise.

I've been told that had I contracted this work it would have cost me $20,000.

The spent so much time on the Mark II that they only did one shot of the Porsche.

2097654_33_full.jpg

Barry,

Thanks for explaining it, I was wondering how they did the fisheye view and kept everything in focus and perspective. I figured Photoshop was involved, I just didn't know to what degree.

Again, beautifully done, tasteful pictures. You are very lucky.

And the Porsche looks brand new after the work that was done to it. I have always liked that style back in the mid 50's.