51 Buick Roadmaster

Wmsteed

The bumpers are in pretty good shape, a little light rust. The bright metal trim was removed from the car many years ago, the previous owner was going to restore the car but passed away before he could complete the project. As I recall the trim is pretty nice. I can supply photo's via email if needed.

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bumpers are in pretty good shape, a little light rust. The bright metal trim was removed from the car many years ago, the previous owner was going to restore the car but passed away before he could complete the project. As I recall the trim is pretty nice. I can supply photo's via email if needed.

Bill </div></div>

Thanx Bill, Could you mail me some pictures of mainly the bumbers, and a price qoute also, thank you very much johnnybgoode@mail.dk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Sir: I know you said the grille is gone from the 51 RM, but wondering if the upper

grille bar, and the two end pieces that wrap around the front fenders might still be there?

Also, do you happen to know if those pieces are the same on 51, and 52 RM's, as I have a 52.

If you don't still have them could you advise me as to what kind of money these are worth, as

I know where a 51 is that has unbroken pieces on it, and the folks who own it are aware that

these pieces are probably pretty hard to find good ones, but they don't know what to try to

get out of them. Also, some other parts I'd be interested in if they are the same as 52 would

be the door window interior garnish moldings, and window sill pieces that go along the bottom

of them including the rear ones around the small windows behind the rear doors on each side.

Thanks very much

Guest Dynaflo2

Rocketdude,

I think the upper grill bars are dimensionally interchageable between '51 and '52, but they are different cosmetically. The '51 has "Buick Eight" embossed in the grill in script. The '52 is plain. There is an outfit that shows up on eBay now and then that has the occasional upper grill bar, but IMHO they are horrendously overpriced. Over $300 for a piece that *appears* so rusty that I question whether it is salvageable. I have seen grill bars at swap meets that *appear* to be in better shape for about half the price. They all need to be rechromed. Some have cracks and need to be rewelded, which is tricky when dealing with pot metal. I suggest you hit any Buick National or Regional meet that you can. They often have swap meets where you can find a grill bar. I got mine from Bill Griffin (Arcanum, Ohio) at the '99 National for a very reasonable price.

I must be off...

Guest imported_Thriller

I'm afraid I have to beg to differ. My '52 Roadmaster has "Buick Eight" on that piece. Granted, I believe it is a Canadian car, which could be the difference.

52_grill_12.jpg

Sir: Wondering if you would want to sell the body shell (with doors) of that 51 Roadmaster?

If there's any chance that you do, I'd be interested in it if you have room to keep it

around until March. I'm coming to Vegas with my haul truck then and should have room

for it on the return trip. The main interest would be if it has a good floor pan &

rockers inner & outer that don't need more than very minor patching. Thanks

You are right Thriller, the upper lip on a 51 should be the same on a 52, same size and same with the lettering. I dont believe I have ever seen one without ! My 52 Roadmaster, same as yours, is also Candian built and has the "Buick Eight" on it. But the Roadmaster 76R I had before, also had the lettering, and it was a california car.

Guest Dynaflo2

Yipes! I stand corrected! I should have done a little research before opening my yap. It's another classic case of, "Some guy told me..." and I took his word for it. Sorry for the misinfo.