Retirement community for auto enthusiasts?

jalopy

I'm completely new to the forum, so if this question has been addressed previously, please direct me to the answer: About a year or two ago, I read about a retirement/second home community somewhere in North or South Carolina, that was geared (pun intended) toward auto enthusiasts. I even remember something about a 10-bay garage in the community for use by residents. Has anyone ever heard of this, and do you know the name of the place? thanks.

It's in NC. Hawk's Hill, near Lenoir in the western part of the state. I don't know if it's a 10 bay garage at the club house (six I think), but has one indoor & one outdoor lift. Pretty neat place.

• 2 weeks later...

David,

I posted the original inquiry, and have not been able to find anything on the internet, either. I'm delivering a car to Fla. next month, and plan on stopping in Lenoir to get any info I can. I'll contact you when I find out, but if you find a website, please let me know. thanks. Jerry

They do have a web site but I couldn't find it. I have seen ads in I think Old Cars, maybe a different magazine that listed a URL that I went to. Had pictures of some of the houses and listed some of the lots that were for sale.