My Deepest Heartfelt Sympathies

I feel completely numb since I heard the news, how can any 1 group of people or any 1 country take pride in all the innocent lives they have taken. God bless all that have perished or suffered from this terroristic act and god bless their families as well. Ronvb<BR> frown.gif" border="0

Almost lost my spouse to the bastards... thank God I only lost my Reatta. Both were in the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel when the first tower went down, the resulting rolling wall of ash and smoke shot through the tunnel straight through to Brooklyn, forcing a running evacuation... the long version of the story is pretty grusome, so I'll spare the details. My prayers go out to all those who have lost loved ones and friends and to those who are still risking their lives trying to help their fellow New Yorkers during this surreal, unbeliveable tragedy.

My prayers to you all. I just hope they kill all of the bastards responsible for these cowardish acts AND the bastards that support them! They reportedly were celebrating in the streets of Palestine! OUTRAGEOUS!!! Such horrid acts as these are in direct conflict to the ideals and teachings of Islam, and anyone calling themselves Islamic who support such butchery should be stoned to death, in accordance to the Quran, PERIOD!!<P>I still can't believe the reports I'm hearing that they were able to hijack these airplanes with simple knives! Is it possible that these reports are true?<P>Once again, Maryland feels your pain and sends it's prayers to you all, in all three of our sister states.

I still can't believe it. Just terrible. I think this is the worst thing I have seen in my 25 years. My prayers go out to all and and may God bless.

From Ottawa, Ontario Canada, our deepest heartfelt sympathies to all touched by today's cowardly events. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. The world will never be the same frown.gif" border="0<P>[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Drive it like I stole it. ]<p>[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Drive it like I stole it. ]

Guest Greg Ross

There are somewhere around 8,000 (mostly Americans) stranded here in Halifax, Nova Scotia. 41 Aircraft were diverted here through the day after Air Travel was shut down.<BR>I, like the rest of the World watched in horror the coverage that was carried.<BR>I was in transit around suppertime and heard an interview on radio with (former) NY State Gov. Como (sp?) His statements leaned towards a view that I believe very accurately portray the Reality of this tragedy. As long as Americans maintain in isolation, policies of standing alone, they will be targets for this form of insanity.<BR>He stated the only way to erradicate Terrorism is to work with Governments all over this small planet to spread democracy and personal freedom. <BR>We in Canada would have heard pehaps more balanced coverage, CNN's clip of 10 Palastinians dancing in the street was noted as Sensationalist" The observation being that these misguided folks live in desperate circumstances and could not possibly have a clear perspective of how these Acts against Man affects a "Free State"<BR>Ben Laden, if in fact he's behind these events should be "Strung Up By The ...." for these Deeds. The Guilty must be punished.<BR>But as long as there are oppressed peoples there will be Trerrorists who can brainwash misguided people to carry out these types of totally irrational attacks against anything that represents their Enemy.<BR>I still cannot believe what I witnessed there yesterday, I simply cannot imagine the grief Families have and are going to endure for the loss of loved ones thru these events.<BR>My heart goes out to them all.

an act of war has been committed against the United States. we should begin razing Afghanistan city by city until Osama bin Laden is turned over to us at which time he should be publicly tortured until he admits his involvement. he can then be dragged through the streets of New York.

Guest BUICKPOWER

ALL MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO EVERYONE WITH MISSING FAMILY & FRIENDS!<BR>AND JUST A REMINDER IF YOU CAN GIVE BLOOD IT DOES NOT SEEM LIKE MUCH TO SOME PEOPLE BUT IT DOES HELP!<BR>MAY THEIR BE SWIFT JUSTICE FOR ALL INVOLVED IN THIS ACT !!

I too watched with horror as the events unfolded yesterday. I was supposed to be on a United flight to Cleveland yesterday that I cancelled due to other reasons. I am proud to be an American as I watched the dignity, honor and sense of purpose of my fellow countrymen as they responded to this heinous act. The hidden blessing behind this tragedy is how united we became as a country within minutes as the details emerged. It was not Democrat versus Republican, liberal versus conservative, it was Americans united against whoever this terrible, cowardly enemy is. My prayers are with those families that now have to deal with the loss of their loved ones. I have every confidence that those responsible will be pursued to the fullest extent of the wrath and resources of the American people. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

I too watched with horror as the events unfolded yesterday. I was supposed to be on a United flight to Cleveland yesterday that I cancelled due to other reasons. I am proud to be an American as I watched the dignity, honor and sense of purpose of my fellow countrymen as they responded to this heinous act. The hidden blessing behind this tragedy is how united we became as a country within minutes as the details emerged. It was not Democrat versus Republican, liberal versus conservative, it was Americans united against whoever this terrible, cowardly enemy is. My prayers are with those families that now have to deal with the loss of their loved ones. I have every confidence that those responsible will be pursued to the fullest extent of the wrath and resources of the American people. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

A friend passed this along to me & I think it says lots about our country (waether the orgin of it is accurate or not, I don't know) ... but, in light of current events, this is truely worth reading ... May all your friends & family be well.<BR>~Brenda <BR> <P>This, from a Canadian newspaper, no less, is worth sharing. <P>America: The Good Neighbor. <P>Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television commentator. What follows is the full text of his trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional Record: "This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth. <P>Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States. <P>When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it. When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped. <P>The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans. I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes? <P>Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles.You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon - not once, but several times and safely home again. You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here. <P>When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke. I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake. Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those." <P>Stand proud, America! <BR> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ <P>This is one of the best editorials that I have ever read regarding the United States. It is nice that one man realizes it. I <BR>only wish that the rest of the world would realize it. We are always blamed for everything, and never even get a thank you for the things we do, I would hope that each of you would send this to as many people <BR>as you can and emphasize that they should send it to as many of their friends until this letter is sent to every person on the web. I am just a single American that has read this, I SURE HOPE THAT A LOT MORE <BR>READ IT SOON.<p>[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Reatta2go ]

America- Stronger than Terror!<P>Let's all stand strong against the cowards of the world who want to thrive on our fear.<BR> God surely is sadden by the acts of evil cast on our country. May he bless those who suffer and I pray he will guide our efforts to find and punish those who took part in this cowardly act. Thanks for the support from our Canada friends. GOOD BLESS AMERICA<BR>Steve

I have never used this forum to discuss anything but the Reatta automobile, but today I must. I my lifetime I've seen a President killed, a country go to war in a distant land that I had to look on the map to see where it was, students killed by our own national guard, a shining example of America's Space Program fall from the sky, but never have I felt the way I did yesterday, September 11, 2001. Our country was attacked using our own "hardware", by a faceless septure of evil. An evil that hides in the shadows protected by rogue goverments. An evil with a face of many, but of none. An evil that has no name or address. An evil that attacks in the sparkle of daylight or the cover of darkness. An evil that knows no distintion between soldier or child. Let the word go forth from this time and place that America will no longer be afraid. The time has come for this evil to shake in terror. May America rise out of the ashes of the World Trade Center and launch a campaign along with her allies in NATO to wipe from the face of the earth this evil that has struck at the very heart of the greatest city and nation in the world, New York and the United States of America. We must all come together as a nation, one voice, and support our President and Congress. I speak to all of you today not as a Reatta owner, nor an American, but as a citizen of humanity. We as a people can not let this cowardly evil destroy our lives or resolve. We must carry on "business as usual" to let this cloated evil know that no matter how many skyscapers it downs, no matter how many miltary complexes it flatens, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, that can destroy our freedom or our way of life. At this time I would like to issue my deepest condolences to anyone who may have lost a loved one or friend in yesterday's attack. I would like for all of us to pray for the valient men and women of New York's "finest" and it outstanding Fire Department. Many lost their lives yesterday protecting and serving the great citizens of a great city. God bless all Americans. We will emerge victorious. God Bless all of you who are not from this country, but have offered your expressions of sympathy. Lastly, God bless the United States of America.<P>Howard Hanchett Port Arthur, Texas USA<P>[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Howard ]<p>[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Howard ]

Just got back to San Antonio after being stranded in Nashville for the Radio-Television News Directors' Association annual convention. Being the biggest news story about loss of life in U.S. history since the battle of Gettysburg, it took only hours for the convention to be cancelled. Most attendees didn't even make it to Nashville to begin with. Had to rent a car and DRIVE back to San Antonio. <P>As a newspaper photographer, an Air Force NCO, combat camera officer, public affairs officer after the Panama invasion AND during Desert Storm, this goes beyond anything I've ever seen. It simply boggles the mind to try to comprehend the brutality, immorality and cold indifference to the human race of the terrorists. I remember the stories my late parents told me about how Pearl Harbor changed America, and suddenly they seem very relevant. <P>As a civilian employee working for the official news service of the U.S. Air Force, the changes I'm seeing this event cause in the Department of Defense even as I write this are unbelievable. I can't begin to comprehend how this event may, and likely will change our world forever. In just the few days since the attacks, I've heard talk of the eradication of terrorism taking years, not days or months. <P>Church services will be different this Sunday as well. I attend a small church of Christ with about 150 members, yet we have two commercial airline pilots, a flight attendant for United Air Lines, an Air Force instructor pilot, a medical doctor, a missionary, and a foreign language instructor teaching english to foreign pilots in our congregation. I can only imagine how all of these lives will be changed in the next few months. Needless to say, I don't think there will be any doubt what the most-mentioned prayer request will be. <P>We may all one day look back fondly at a time when one of the biggest problems we had in our everyday lives was asking another member of the forum how to fix this or that vibration or short circuit in our Reattas. <P>God bless any of you who have friends or family affected by this tragedy. <P>Joe Wiggins