Fire Engine Collection FIRE in BOSTON 1970's

1937hd45

No I don't, but there is an American LaFrance owners network that has a website with a forum, SPAAMFAA has a website and a forum, and there is another website for "Homeville Antique Fire Department." Homeville Antique Fire Department is a website featuring the privately owned collection of Mahlon Irish's fire trucks. Mahlon lives in Homer, NY (which is just north of Binghamton with no "P") and is quite knowledgeable on American LaFrance fire trucks.

Between SPAAMFAA, the American LaFrance Owner's Network and Mahlon Irish, someone from one of those three websites should be able to get you the information that you need.

Bob,

The AACA Library & Research Center houses the literary collection of SPAAMFAA (Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of the Antique Motor Fire Apparatus in America), of which, Pat mentioned in his post.

Worth a try to see if the L&RC could assist.

Peter J...

Thanks Pat, I thought I looked for a SPAAMFAA Forum, but couldn't find it. Peter I called the AACA Library Friday, Kim was out, I did download a request form and will send it out. Doing the research on a race car is a lot of fun, can't wait to find out who had the car when it burnt. There may have been a Pierce 4 motorcycle in the collection, if so this must have been a fairly good collection.