30 Buick Fender Questions

Guest sndtubes

Guest sndtubes

I have a 1930 Buick Model 46 Business Coupe. I have an opportunity to buy some 30 Buick parts including fenders from a Model 47 Sedan. I don't have a parts book, so I'm wondering if any of the fenders or other body parts will fit my coupe? Can anyone out there verify this one way or the other? I sure don't want to buy a buch of body parts and schlep them half way across the country only to find out they won't fit. Thanks, gang.

Guest sndtubes

John,

Thanks, I tend to agree, but like you I just don't know for sure. I'd sure like to have some sidemounts! I wonder if I'd ever be able to find 'em. I've already spent so much on this car it doesn't matter anymore!

Front fenders for the ser. 40 are all the same fit whether they have side mount wells or not and regardless of which body style you have.

The thing you need with the side mount fenders is the bracket that goes inside the cowel to hold the arm that secures the sidemount.

Rear fenders off a coupe will not fit a sedan. There may be other non fits on other body styles.

Guest sndtubes

Thanks for the info, Fred.

So if anyone looks at this thread, I would like to put my request in for sidemount fenders and hardware if anyone has them for sale. If you have them or know anyone that may have a pair for sale, I'd like to buy them.

My email address is: sndtubes@vacuumtubes.com

Guest sndtubes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can only use rear fenders from 1930-46-46S-X46-46S thats from Master Parts List </div></div>

Thanks, that's the info I'm lookin for. It's a bummer, though. It's really one of the rear fenders I want to replace. Oh well. Do they reprint that parts book? I probably ought to have a copy.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Mike:

My 1941 master parts book shows 1238738 as the right rear and 1238739 as the left rear. The interchange listed is 1930 Model 46 AND 1931 Model 66. I hope this helps. Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest sndtubes

Thanks, Dave. Yes that helps. It tells me without a doubt that I cannot use the rear fenders from the model 47 sedan on my model 46 coupe. The parts I'm going to look at are from a model 47.