Marvel Carburetor numbers

broadstreet3

Rand,

I was supposed to send you a copy of the Marvel information I have -- sorry! I will get it out to you tomorrow, but I warn you: it is only "so helpful". The best way I have found to use it is to cross-reference the jet and fitting numbers to the carb with which you are currently working. The "10-" numbers on the choke/air valve body don't always tell the whole story -- and I'm not even sure that they are referenced on the spec sheet (I don't have it in front of me right now)!

Jeff

Guest oakland

I have a Marvel carburetor on my 29 Oakland also. You will find that the raised letters that you refer to is the casting number. There should be stamped numbers on your carburetor that identifies the model. Mine was found on the top flange of the carburetor where it mounts to the intake manifold. Mine was a 10 708. You can log onto www.thecarburetorshop.com, and find out information about Marvel and Zenith carburetors. You can send them questions and they can help you. They sell rebuild kits etc. Hope this helps you.

Oakland,

I wonder if all Marvels have the model number stamped onto that flange; if so, I have apparently overlooked it. Are you finding this on the "Marvel Heat Control System" casting, or on the iron casting which houses the choke and the air valve below it?

Manuel,

Call V.E. Peterson in Wahlbridge, OH at 800-537-6212 and ask for "Jack"; he's the obsolete carb parts guy. Peterson is the biggest Zenith parts outlet in the U.S. and if they don't have the parts or info for you, nobody does. But please DON'T tell them that I gave you their toll-free number when you call from the other side of the world, OK?

Jeff

Guest oakland

Carbdoc: The numbers that I refered to were stamped on the top mounting flange, where it mounts to the intake manifold. The previous post refering you to carburetor identifications is the same post that I am refering to. They say that some are stamped on the bottom of the bowl also.