Time for a West Coast get together

DeeBee

Just happen to notice most everyone is east of the Rockies. Kinda hard to just jump in and drive a few thousand miles for a burger.

How many of you are on the West Coast? Might be time for a gathering out here if we can manage to find more than 2 of us.

Thought about moving to Lansing or close by but then "It's only a Buick" LOL.

Okay, we're on a roll. Right now I'm over in San Berardino but heading back north tomorrow when the birds get up.

I'll try to round up some more folks and maybe we can get 10 or so Reatta owners together. Perhaps something middle way. Our coast has some real nice places equal distance for us. I know of 3 other Reatta owners, working on them to join up here.

Then there is the Golden Gate Fiero club and you know, these cars are kindred spirits. I think Fiero owners should all have a Reatta, you know, for the longer more luxurious trips. Next meeting I'm taking the Reatta just to give it some exposure. I know where there are some decent examples in the Bay Area. Time to build up the gang.

West Coast, here we come.

July 2007, Seattle WA is the BCA national meet. There will be a Reatta Rendezvous so start planning on bringing your Reatta to Seattle.

With a little luck, we could have the largest class of cars at the Nationals.

This year in Rochester we had almost 40 Reattas that were judged.

It might not be California but there is no planning involved on your part, just get the Reatta waxed and drive north.

I am in West Texas, for Reattas it is a dead area. There is only one other Reatta owner here that I know of. Seattle is further than the Left Coast but I will try to make it. I can drive one, tow the other for a spare.

Texan ( I got the "K" today)

srry all, over here on the east coast (NC) and still in high school, cuts me out. if yall are ever on the east coast id make a run for it. id even bring along the 4 other reatta owners i have seen throughout my nieghboring citys. have fun yall

Guest Reatta1

I'm in Central Oregon and am making tentative plans to be at the Seattle meet. Have also had some discussion with the owner of the local Buick dealership about getting something going for Reatta's here. Would be in Bend, Oregon if it comes to fruition. Would be willing to drive somewhere central on the west coast for a Reatta get-together.

I'm going over some ideas and will put them up here as soon as I have more than a few minutes. I bet we could draw quite a few from the western USA. I know there are a bunch of Reattas in the SF Bay Area, lots of them. From what I've seen, plenty are sitting in garages in really good shape, as mine was.

I'm there for Seattle next year but in the meantime something else would be too nice to pass up.

If I decide to keep the damn thing, I'm sure by July I would be interested in attending. Unfortunately, I am not in love with this car after 2 years. It does seem to attract attention every now and again, and I've been asked questions I can't answer since I'm just not really 'into' it. Anyway, a Seattle location would be great for me, just 20 some odd miles away.

I'm in Lakewood WA, About 5 mi from I-5 and McChord AFB. I'll be Happy to attend a West Coast Meeting. Just drove my new 1990 red conv back here from Santa Barbara CA, and there are some very scenic Areas along US 101. Fantastic trip.

Looks like we are getting closer. To make things interesting, I'm going to donate an in-car Map system as a raffle item. I'll have pictures up real soon. It fits into the Reatta without any drilling, complicated connections or such other nonsense. Bulti-in maps for almost all major cities.

The 5 minute training session needed to figure it out is included (it really is easy if you know how to use your index finger, or any other finger in case you don't have one).

I'm definately interested in the Seattle run, that's gotta be one of my favorite cities in the US. I'm from Denver, CO and I doubt anyone wants to meet up here so I'm really lookin forward to any west coast gatherings. Let me know as plans progress.

One reason I bought a Reatta sight unseen was this group. Love my '91 Maui Blue Reatta. I live on the Mendocino Coast and there are now 3 Reattas within 7miles. Would love to have a West Coast get together as we rarely drive it over the hill - still under 49,000 miles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mendocino Coast </div></div>

Mendocino, Mendocino, what was that song about a town called Mendocino?

(We could spend our lives in Mendocino)

Are you near Mill Valley, California?

(Mill Valley, Californis - that's my home!)

I lived in Mtn. View at the turn of the decade, (68-70), and these songs were popular, but so was the Zodiac Killer, and Charles Manson.

Guest Kitskaboodle

Manikmekanik.....what part of Mtn. View did you grow up in? That's my hometown! My family moved to Mtn. View in 1965. When we moved there, Rengstorff Ave. was a two lane dirt road! Did you go to Mtn. View High? Small world.....

Kit / 90 Reatta Coupe