Commemorative Model ?

Guest walt in ciniti

Guest imported_walt in ciniti

While at the Indianapolis car show i found a 1988 commemorative model of the Reatta coupe.

Can anyone tell me something about this model?

What dealers received them?

how many did they make?

are they avalible now?

etc.

Its mounted on a stant with a mirror showing the under side

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember Barney mentioning them. To my knowledge, they're worth more than the red plastic models </div></div>

YES Hundreds more!!!!!!

very, very rare!!!!!

Guest F14CRAZY

I know Barney said they're no longer available. He contacted all makers of pewter models, and I guess everyone denied having anything to do with it.

Let me be the first to offer you $100 for the pewter model.

The pewter model was done in early 1988, note the 1988 license plate. We do not know who made them or how many were made.

The model came two ways.... both were on a walnut base with a mirror under the car so you could see the underside detail. One base was designed with a plaque for the Select Sixty dealers of that year and we believe that the cars had numbers on their mufflers. The rest of the bases had a metal plaque that read "Limited Edition 1988 Reatta Commemorative Replica".

I have been unable to find anyone within Buick that could tell me much about the model. They don't know who made them, how many were made, or who you needed to be (or know) to get one.

The whole thing is somewhat of a mystery.

Here are some links for the pewter model of the Allante. Maybe researching these will answer questions about the maker of the Reatta model-too much of a coincidence that Reatta and Allante models came out in 88 and would not be made by the same company.

One ad says "made by New England Craftsman". This may be Reed and Barton, a company only a few miles from me in Taunton, MA that does custom work such as this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cadillac-Allante-Pew...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-ALLA...sspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Cadillac-Allant...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-Cadillac-Allant...1QQcmdZViewItem

Barney, Thanks for your generous offer, but the model is Not For Sale. Being part of the history of the car I will keep the model and when I sell the car it will go to the next owner along with the Collector Automobile magazine and Automobile Quarterly book, both having great write up about the Reatta.

That's the model. It looks like it was casted in two sections, one the bottom with the wheels, under carrage and seats, the second the body. It seems to be sodered together at the front and rear bumper. Who ever did this, they did a nice job.

What do you think it cost Buick to have these made, i would guess about $75 to $100 each.

For what its worth.

This Morning I talked with a retired Buick dealer who in 1988 (or late 1987) attended a Buick Dealer meeting in Flint. At this meeting Buick gave to the district managers the model of the Reatta, at that time there was 25 DM's. He also added that some of the higher ups in Buick also receive them. Later at an annual BCA meeting, Buick gave one to the president of BCA. He thought they may have made 100 of the model in 1988, but wasn't sure. He didn't remember the Select Sixty's.