anyone going to charlotte

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

I'll most likely be there on Saturday or Sunday (7th or 8th). Anyone else? Novaman?

Awh heck Novaman - where's your spring fever? I wouldnt miss Charlotte for anything, and to heck with the weather, its just good Hershey practice! Im coming all the way down from Norfolk VA with a couple of buddies from the Tidewater Region and we'll be set up in the Green Field XG-017, 18 and a couple more in that vicinity. Best time to catch us is probably on Saturday, other than that we'll be taking turns shopping and enjoying all those red Chevy's parked around the track. DFers and any other old car nuts are welcome to stop and say hello. The Hornets Nest Region does a fantastic job hosting this event and if you've never been before you're in for a real treat. I think it's even better than Carlisle!<BR>Terry

It not a case of not having spring fever. It's called too many irons in the fire. Hornet's nest does a great job and I agree it is better than Carlisle. With the number of trips I've made in the past 13 yrs, I've come home with very little. If my Chevy IIs were all 2dr 400 Nova series with a small block crammed under the hood, I'd have come home with a lot of stuff. But I've only got 1 2dr with a 6cyl. My others are an orignal 59k mile 4dr 400 Nova series, and heaven forbid shocked.gif a station wagon 100 series (plain jane, heck any more plain, Jane would be nude wink.gif ) <P>With all the rain we've been having, this year it might make for good practice for the Yellow field at Hershey. wink.gif<P>If I get there I'll stop by.

Guest BruceW

Jeeez.. just looked closely at the Hemming's calendar on the wall.. and realized the Charlotte AutoFair is THIS weekend!<P>I know its always in April but didn't realize it was this early. Been trying to make it for the past 4-5 years..its only a short 9 hours away right next to the wife's family. But something has always prevented me from making it... just like this weekend.<P>Guess I won't make it to Charlotte....again frown.gif

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Novanman, Just buy and jam the stuff in your car. You saw all the stuff jamed in my 1999 Taurus s/w and 90% of it was not mine.SalG

Sal, The problem isn't getting it home. You've seen my truck cool.gif at Hershey. Plus I could always take my car trailer. The problem is finding stuff that even is right for my cars. frown.gif<P>My Chevy IIs fall in the "crack". They are muscle cars enough to be popular like the Chevelles, GTOs, Camaros, etc. that you can build the car from the ground up with repro parts. And it's not popular enough that the repro people make all the misc. for all models for the antique car people. Too many people loved these cars for drag racing. It's to the point now that people are after the WAGONS to make drag cars out of because of the scarecity of two door models. Soon they'll be after the 4drs.

I've never been to Charlotte although I've been to just about every other major swap in the country. How is Charlotte for pre-war items? The only swap I've found to consistently have pre-war items is Hershey. Is Charlotte mostly post-war?

While all you folks were sitting around wondering if you should go or not, I went and snagged all the goodies. The meet is BIG and a new "red field" has even been added this year outside the stadium. Weather was perfect too. Lots of newer stuff of course, plenty of muscle car, street rod, etc but some good antique stuff also including a barn fresh 17T touring ripe for restoration at $5,000. Around the race track in the cars for sale section - more Z28 Cameros than I thought survived, plenty of big block Chevells, some great pick-up trucks, and a whole bunch of 30's-40's flathead Ford products. Its amazing how we so easily get frustrated trying to find good old parts (if thats what you are looking for). I still think swap meets like this are a real treasure hunt and always worth the effort. My own searching turned up a nice pair of gas headlamps for a brass T, a couple of odd-NOS accessory items for my replica of an early auto parts store, a much needed speedometer swivel for an early T, a few odd spark plugs for my collection, and a couple of early teens accessory catalogs. Charlotte is a nice laid-back swap meet that starts late in the morning, and has the friendliest people around. Every vendor is ready to visit and eager to talk cars or parts. Again, the Hornets Nest Region does a fantastic job putting this all together and keeping it a fun meet. Hope to see you there next time! smile.gif<BR>Terry