Supercharged Stutz Info

alsancle

This past Saturday the New England region of the CCCA had a tech seminar (which was very well done) at Holman Engineering is Springfield Mass. George Holman is well known for racing Stutzes and had a original blower setup on a dyno. In my files I had an original article from Motor magazine about the new optional Stutz blower for $1500.00. I've posted a picture of the engine on the dyno as well as the article on my website. It is interesting comparing the Stutz setup to the Mercedes 500k/540k blower as they are quite similar. Anyway, I thought people might find it interesting.

http://www.townisp.com/~alsancle/StutzSuperCharger.html

A.J.

Bill Snyder of Ohio also has a supercharged Stutz that should be out soon. This is a car that Bill first purchased over 50 years ago and only recently re-purchased. Incidently, both superchargers and hardware are now at George Holman's shop in Springfield MA where they are being properly fitted and run in. This past weekend we saw the Skip Barber setup running on George's dyno. It sounds terrific. With a little more tweaking it's ready for reinstallation. I'm sure that Bill Snyder will also have his car on the road as much as possible. Bill and Chris seldom miss a CARavan.

I'm not aware of any other supercharged Stutz, but there might be one in the corner somewhere.

Jon Lee

I asked George the exact same question and he said there were three known cars, which are the ones you folks have mentioned above. I agree with Jon that there may be another hidden in a barn somewhere. It is always amazing what turns up.

A.J.