New forum color scheme and recommendation?

tjenkins

Peter,<P>Thank you, thank you, thank you for your continued support and upkeep of this valuable board. I *know* how much effort this takes wink.gif<P>I for one, like the new color scheme you have inserted here. The colors seem to blend a bit easier on the eyes.<P>A recommendation - or perhaps it already exists - is there a way to view the most recent postings ON TOP of each discussion? As it is now, I have to drop down to the bottom of the web page to view the latest.<P>Just a thought.<P>--Tom<BR>

Guest wally888

Peter,<BR> I, as Tom J. did, would like to add my thanks to you for the Forum upkeep. I know more about making a hydrogen bomb, zero, than about administering web sites so will take Tom's word, its a lot of work.<BR> How much more work would be entailed to put permanent topics at the top of the Forum opening page?<BR> For some time I have wondered why several Reatta sites, now in existance, were not linked directly on the opening page of this Forum.<BR> Also wondered why there can't be a message, " First time visitors, click here" then use that link page to introduce the other links, what they contain............<BR> In the case of Tom J. site - Here you can find instructions about how to.... or, This site has the shop manual pages...or, List of Reattas for sale, <BR> My point is , there are a lot of repeats, maybe all forums are thus.<BR> I dig my hole deeper!<BR> The search function is somewhat difficult to use efficiently. If, in some way, each new post had a more detailed or better description ........Hope some one will pick up here!<BR> i.e. , Select search, then type in cruise control<BR> Help! I'm sure others have thought of these ideas before me. Fill in the holes and make some suggestions. ( ok, maybe I am a poor searcher)

Searching is confusing. Try ,"Cruise Control" Maybe an option, like Ebay, search only titles. Then request posters to put the subject matter in the Title of the Post.

As to everyone?s comments on the colors (good and bad)? Thanks... I'm not set in stone on the colors... but overall the reaction to them has been good. Personally I just needed a change. I kind of like the way it looks.<P>Now to address some questions:<P>Q. How much more work would be entailed to put permanent topics at the top of the Forum opening page? <P>Q. For some time I have wondered why several Reatta sites, now in existence, were not linked directly on the opening page of this Forum.<P>Q. In the case of Tom J. site - Here you can find instructions about how to.... or, this site has the shop manual pages...or, List of Reattas for sale? <P>Q. Why can't there be a message, " First time visitors click here" then use that link page to introduce the other links, what they contain.<P><B>A. That?s up to a site that is dedicated to the Reatta and is not a function of this forum. </B><P>Q. Improved searching requests.<P><B>A. Not as easy as it sounds. This is a free-form forum... and expecting everyone to categorize their posts is a bit hard.<P>OTHER COMMENTS: As to the generic forums that use to be available? no one posted to them? or answered the posted that were there? so I have disabled them.</B><P>Hope that answers everyones initial questions. More?<BR> smile.gif<P>Peter<P>------------------<BR>Peter Gariepy<BR>AACA Webmaster<BR> peterg@aaca.org <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org" TARGET=_blank>www.aaca.org</A> <P>[This message has been edited by peterg (edited 03-18-2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by peterg (edited 03-19-2001).]

Thanks Peter for the quick reply.<P>Now, onto the original question - is there a way to restructure individual topics, such that when viewing, the *newest* articles appear at the TOP of the topic, vice the BOTTOM? If at the TOP, we won't have to scroll down to the end.<P>Or, is this not a big deal and I need to get a life?<P> smile.gif<P>--Tom<BR>

Guest RED891

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tjenkins:<BR><B>Peter,<P>Thank you, thank you, thank you for your continued support and upkeep of this valuable board. I *know* how much effort this takes wink.gif<P>I for one, like the new color scheme you have inserted here. The colors seem to blend a bit easier on the eyes.<P>A recommendation - or perhaps it already exists - is there a way to view the most recent postings ON TOP of each discussion? As it is now, I have to drop down to the bottom of the web page to view the latest.<P>Just a thought.<P>--Tom</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> I think the new colors look great, nice change. Thanks for great work.<BR>

Tom,<P>Currently the threads display chronologically from original topic to the latest reply. I <B>could</B> display them from latest post to oldest post. <P>However... this is a global change and would effects <B>all</B> 40 forums... so before I do it, i would need a pretty huge conscensus of forum users.<P>Lets start hearing your votes.<P>1. Leave it as-is. (oldest to newest)<BR>2. Change it. (newest to oldest)<P>Peter<P>------------------<BR>Peter Gariepy<BR>AACA Webmaster<BR> peterg@aaca.org <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org" TARGET=_blank>www.aaca.org</A> <p>[This message has been edited by peterg (edited 03-19-2001).]

Well folks...<BR>i got two camps on this issue... and the other camp is a verbal against change as you are for change. So.. for the time being... im gonna leave it be.<P>See the other thread at:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001391.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001391.html</A> <P>Peter<P>------------------<BR>Peter Gariepy<BR>AACA Webmaster<BR> peterg@aaca.org <BR>www.aaca.org

After reading the other discussion, I have to agree with them. They make a very good point. I'm now glad you decided not to change it. Though we'd get used to it, it WOULD be cumbersome at best, initially. I've since checked out a few sites on Yahoo where the flow is from newest to oldest and, yeah, you do have to read from the bottom in order to get the full scope of what's going on. It only helps to have the newest post first if you already have a clue as to where the thread's coming from, like if you were the one asking the question. Seems, now that I checked it out a bit more, that otherwise, anyone just reading would have to scroll through rolleyes.gif!!! in order to get to the point in the first point. Remember just how long some of our threads go. <BR>Just to get a good understanding of why they're against it, try this...<BR>pick any topic here that you have yet to read, then read it from the bottom to the top, instead of from top to bottom like we do now. LOL to all.<p>[This message has been edited by Consultants_1 (edited 03-23-2001).]