Woot! *DELETED*

Jibby

Actually, is was dark chocolate-covered marzipan, that I bought for $20.00, thanks to our wonderful tariff laws. But it was good, and the chocolately fatness made me gain 200 more calories, than I already had. In fact, it was sinfully good... because marzipan always is... if you get the good stuff.

But yeah, it's full of sugar, as well... hence the crazed ravings. Beyond all of that, the hypothesis still holds merit. You know, about Buick's being bettah.

Remember: "When bettah automobiles are built, Buick will build them..." wink.gif

Guest F14CRAZY

Too bad everything that Buick has is a rehashed shared GM platform vehicle. At least the later 90s Rivi was fairly special

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad everything that Buick has is a rehashed shared GM platform vehicle. At least the later 90s Rivi was fairly special </div></div>

That was a G platform car. Same as the Olds Aurora. I had a 97 Aurora. Best car I ever owned until the head bolts stripped out in the block. 4.0 "baby Northstar". Comfortable, great power, fast. Very expensive to repair anything. Burned premium gas. In spite of all that. I miss it.

Vincent,

(I know your real name is not Mr. Vega smile.gif). Just curious >>> I have always liked the idea behind the Aurora (never driven one however), but wonder if the car has a following like the Reatta as in discussion board, clubs, decent parts availability, (know it can not have anyone like Jim Finn for sure.....), etc?

Nic

Yeah, I used to frequent an Aurora board. It wasn't like this board. Lots of smack about honda, toyota. Some knot head punks interested in making the stereo the loudest it can be. How to make a CAI out of PVC and dryer hose. "What are the biggest rims I can put on." "look at my new windshield sticker". Not a lot of true enthusiasts. It was certainly entertaining to read. I bought the two book shop manual set and it paid for itself the day I had to replace the fuel level sending unit. I sold it on E-bay after I traded in the car.

You don't think that's my real name? You think it's "fiction"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but wonder if the car has a following like the Reatta as in discussion board, clubs, </div></div>

NO Nick, if you check the numbers on this site, the Reatta discussion forum has more hits than all other makes/cars. The only forum here with more hits is the Buick buy/sell, where we all look for Buick items, occasionally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Too bad everything that Buick has is a rehashed shared GM platform vehicle. At least the later 90s Rivi was fairly special </div></div>

I'm suprised at your comment, F14! Do'nt you own a Reatta, or two?

Reatta shares parts with the Riv, yet is a stand-alone design/platform, truly a unique car, unlike the GN/GN-X line of turbo Regals with special trim packages.

post-38921-143137882576_thumb.jpg

Guest F14CRAZY

Yes yes I know I know...

The 'boat" Rivi was based on the same platform as the Oldsmobile. My point was that it was the only car like it (2 door) and isn't like a Trailblazer or W body (made in pretty much every brand).

The Reatta was pretty unique, but same drivetrain as all the other E bodies. Same interior and electronics as the Rivi (which I think is a nice car but is seriously overlooked, except for Reatta parts). Hand built? Unique. Luxury 2 seater? Yeah pretty unique. But it's still a shared platform. I sometimes wish I ended up with a Trofeo though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found you some cleaner for your suede seats one time and you replied back to the email I wrote stating it was not your name...I then googled VV.... smile.gif </div></div>

Exposed!

<====== This guy is the real Vincent Vega. I'm a poser.

I'm somewhat back, and I have no more socks to put in it. Unless you have a few, that I could borrow...

Anyway, beyond Matty's trolling comment, I tried to get my father to pick up an Aurora, but he chose to waste the money on a 2005 Ford Crown Victoria... too bad... frown.gif