55 Century 3 speed manual

Guest sintid58

I looked at that same car a couple of years ago when it was for sale by the previous owner here in Texas. If anyone wants to contact me about it, you may do so at my email address, for a disinterested, third-party opinion. No power assists at all, so it will be a bear to handle and drive, but what a rare car!

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

(finally back on the forum after several months of being unable to log in!)

No duals were available on any 55 Buick. If this one has the left side mounting similar to the stock right side the frame is butchered to pass the pipes thru the X member.

This car looks like one I looked at 20 years ago that was really a Special with an extra porthole, changed fender script, and 4V carb and silencer from a Century. The data plate indicated it was a Special as did the plate on the dash between the speedometer and guage cluster.

I have always wanted a 3 speed Century but will not check this one out even though is only 300 miles away...it is only worth $1500 with a non running engine. I emailed the seller and he will not get it running and would not let me try to get it running if I checked it out.

Willie

Guest imported_MrEarl

Hey Pete,

I had posted a question re this car in the "Performance/Modified forum (seemed like the appropriate forum to me) re the "factory dual exhaust" described in the auction listing. here Perhaps you can shed some light on that.

BTW Glad you're "able to log in" again. Been wonderin if it was somethin we said grin.gif. Check your private messages too, I believe I had posted someting to you there. and also, congrats on the new editor job, I'm sure you'll do a great job.