VERIFY THAT VIN

machittome

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Under the chance that the VINs will be verified, it may help prevent unscrupulous people from pulling a fast one.</div></div>

John, This is a sincere question on my part. What kind of fast one would people be trying to pull?

They bring a car and put it on the show field where it is actually looked at. It's not that they send in a VIN number and a set of photos and who knows what they really have.

Doctored documentation I could understand, like if someone is trying to pull a fast one to make something look correct that isn't.

Please explain.

Since AACA doesn?t judge by "the numbers", the only fast one that that can be pulled is going through the ranks with one car while it is be registered as another. Most members usually don't have duplicates in their stables. This would only benefit a small group of members like Amphicar BUYER and novaman, where they have multiples of the same cars. Then putting the awards on the correct car (the not shown one).

If the cars were being judged by "the numbers" I would say definately, the VIN needs to be looked at. Mainly to verify what is to be on that car.

If the VIN checking was mandated, to check it if it is readilly visable would leave all those cars with the VIN on the dashboard subject to checking <span style="font-weight: bold">every</span> time, those with it in the door jambs some of the time (depending on how tightly bunched on the show field), and others <span style="font-weight: bold">never</span> checked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> John, I'm sorry to hear about the position your in with the no job and no insurance. That stinks. The whole job market situation is bad. I took your comment of having "one non-paying job, I can't afford another" as you were doing "free" work for like someone or a group, in other words, volunteering </div></div>

I am volunteering for the Amphicar club. The website takes up about 20+ hours a week. I do get some work working on buying/selling Amphicars to stay afloat (pardun the pun!) in any way I can. There are many out there lots worse off than I. This is just one of the bad times that make you appreciate the good time more.

I have been pronounced dead once (1968), in an airplane crash (Cessna 172, 1978), shot at, ran over by a car (yes, on purpose, 1979), wrapped a '66 Caddy ragtop around an Oak tree (1979), survived cancer (age 6), broke my back (1982) and stubbed my toe a couple times. All this builds character, I'm told. I'll survive!! grin.gif

The jobs I am being offered are in the same field (mostly), but for only 30% of what I was making before! A 70% pay cut is not acceptable. High-Tech here is dying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I hope a job comes your way real soon. By the way, any more on the "tailer carport" deal? </div></div>

Thanks, I know one is out there for me. OH yea! We are on our way to court for a laundry list of infractions they did. They confiscated my plates and VIN just last Wednesday w/o any legal precedence or documentation and threatened me with felony purgery (They have to prove I intentionally lied, not possible as I did not lie). I have found out some VERY good info that will seal thier fate on a variety of charges. Even the town's assistant Police Chief was here. She was shaking her head in disbelief (w/o verbal comment). The inspector is alone in this. Now that he brought in the Colo Dept of Revenue, he will have more trouble to face. I can't say a lot for now, but rest assured that it is just heating up and I have a huge following (which includes the Colo state laws)!

John Bevins

Checked out the website, looks great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have been pronounced dead once (1968), in an airplane crash (Cessna 172, 1978), shot at, ran over by a car (yes, on purpose, 1979), wrapped a '66 Caddy ragtop around an Oak tree (1979), survived cancer (age 6), broke my back (1982) and stubbed my toe a couple times. All this builds character, I'm told. I'll survive! </div></div> I think we might need to pack you in bubble wrap! Or get you one of the blow-up sumo wrestler suits! grin.gif We want to keep you here.

Keep us posted about the carport!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Checked out the website, looks great.

I think we might need to pack you in bubble wrap! Or get you one of the blow-up sumo wrestler suits! grin.gif We want to keep you here.

Keep us posted about the carport! </div></div>

Thanks for the kudos!

Humm, bubble wrap and a Sumo suit.... KINKY! grin.gifsmirk.gifwink.gif

Will let you know updates on the trailer-port as much as I can. whacky034.gif

One of my nieces (7yrs old I think at the time) said it best once while we were talking of my history. "Uncle John, you're like a Weeble, Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down!" How that you argue with that?! Many of these experiences also happened on family holidays (birthdays mostly) too. Weird, yes. That's just my life. cool.gif

I return you to the regularly scheduled topic.....