NorthGlenn, CO Double-Header Meet (Denver)

Dynaflash8

Two great shows. Had a good time. Saw some terrific cars. Terrific job by the Region in putting on an AACA Grand National Meet Friday and a National Meet on Saturday. Everything worked except plane travel. 23 hours home wakeup to motel going out, 19 hours motel wakeup to home coming back. No more air travel for these old folks.

Earl,

You've got me beat. I thought my 13-hour plane trip home was bad.

One thing that is upsetting is that during my Atlanta layover, I've learned that in order to catch an earlier flight than the one you're booked on, it costs an extra $25. I probably would have done it, except that an earlier flight for my next connection was already booked and it wouldn't have done me any good. My last connecting flight was in Cincinnati (actually several miles south of Cinci in Kentucky), only an hour from my home. I sat there for 3-1/2 hours. I would have called my wife to come and pick me up except that...

1. She's still recouperating from pneaumonia...

2. The time it would take to pick me up and then take me to the Dayton airport to pick up my car wouldn't have made any sense.

Dittos on the great weekend in Northglenn! Met some great folks, new members, saw some great cars and enjoyed the food and sunshine! Good chance to visit face-to-face with some DFr's also! Big congrats and thanks to Ted Rossi and all of the AACA members there who made it all work so well. Great work!!! Oh-my flight home was smooth and on-sked. Every once in a while it does work out.

Terry

Excellent show. The judge's breakfast went on well, nice atmosphere, good cars, etc.

Earl - we were pulling out of the parking lot with the car on 5:30 Saturday afternoon, and my dad and I pulled in at 3:30 this morning.

- I would hope that with the dual meet that it sparked some more interest for AACA in the western part of the United States, and it allowed the locals the chance to see most of the cars for two days. Perhaps until things get going a little more, that maybe it would pay to do two meets in two days on the years when the AGNM goes west. From the standpoint of trying to look through the eyes of our National Officers, it would at least allow them to do two meets during one trip and save them some money. Those individuals spend a lot of their own time and money to dedicate to the club for all of us to enjoy.

We travelled 1,640 miles to the show, and made it there and back okay (with one small mishap). The only thing that I would suggest is that the meets take place in a city that didn't bear the name of a car, or has a professional team that bears a name of a car. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

....Needless to say, next Monday we'll be taking another 1,600 mile trip.