Off to Batavia

JohnD1956

Wow!!! What a show!!

Unfortunately I didn't meet as many people as I wanted. But I still met a few and was grateful that I didn't have any problems with the cars we brought.

There were some 150 cars in the driver class, which they parked on the front lawn of the host Hotel. It was quite crowded out there but back on the show field there seemed to be quite a few empty spaces. It was speculated that the rain on friday may have caused some to cancel out last minute. As it was a very heavy rain, which lasted to about 8 AM on Saturday, I guess I can understand.

Also many spectators were shocked to walk among the Drivers class which had just beautiful cars all over, and then come to find out the judged classes were a short walk back to the hotel parking lot.

But back home now, and pretty tired. My 2 sons volunteered for the Friday night grave yard security detail and I went out at 4 am to keep them company. Then the awards ceremony lasted very late Saturday night. So we got a late start home today.

Hope to post some Pics I took in the next day or so.

One thing however is very clear. Buick people are the BEST!!!

Hope to see everyone again in Rochester Minn...

John D

Hey John.. It was great to meet you and your sons. We all had an awesome time. The rain was just a bump in an otherwise smooth road. I posted so pics over at the BPG forum and will be posting a bunch more at BuickThunder come this weekend.

Take Care:

G-K, I enjoyed meeting you as well. I was just sad that we seemed to get there after all the beer was gone... Maybe next time.

Two things are for certain, The buick group is very friendly and open. The second is your car is fantastic. You can pick that out a mile away just by the color.

Looking forward to Rochester Minn.

laugh.gif

I hope both you John, and G-K can get together at our BCA Yankee show on August 28. Also plan for the next Regional in August, 2006 in Vernon, CT. This is a part way for each of you. If you want to stay over in CT the night before this years show, advise the Quality Inn you are part of the Buick group - we get a bit of a break on the rates. Rooms all have microwave and frige. I promise you more time to meet and chat, as the one day show will give you more time then the Nationals with so much going on. For more info, you can contact me off-line j.scheib@comcast.net Also let me know if you need a registration form for this year, but day of show also OK.

John

John

I'd love to come up John. I met Paul a few times down at the Savin Rock cruise on Wednesday nights. He brings a different car every week. tongue.gif

I'll see if I can get Carl to come with me.