Wheatbelt-Would you buy a used car from this man

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

100_0475.jpg

Well, I would. In fact I drove 1042 (one way) miles, and faught thistle and ticks and record breaking OK heat, just to buy a derelict 54 Super that all was left was most of the AC system and two portholes.

Jordan and I made a road trip out to Carrier, Oklahoma and visited Ken at Wheatbelt over the weekend and greatly enjoyed the visit. After loading up the car we walked the yard where there must have been 40+ 54-56 junk Buicks. I was in heaven.

Ken and his wife Sue are the type of people that make old Buick ownership fun. Very fair prices and represents his part as they are. Kudos to Ken

BTW, this is definitely the "good side" of the car.And the side that I made sure my sweet Reet saw when I got it home. Even though I had to back it in the driveway, and past the house and the barn.

Guest my3buicks

And the insanity continues!!!! You must have a very supportive wife, God Bless her!!! Which car is going to get the air?

I have always had good luck with things I have bought from Ken/Wheatbelt - good clean parts at a good price.

Mr. Earl, Ken Reeves is one of the honest parts dealers in the business. I bought parts for my '71 Riv and my '68 Electra on several different occasions from him and he attends every BCA National. He is agreat source of parts. What are you going to do with all that sheet metal? Good luck! Mike Stemen

Guest Straight eight

Ditto. Prior to purchase photos were sent by email so I could see the condition of the radiator I bought. It was packed so well a collision with a car at 30mph wouldnt have damaged it. Great price, great people grin.gif

Ken and Sue are two of the coolest people on the planet. I definately would buy cars from him, and have in the past. I am luckily only two hours away from Carrier, so when I need parts here and there, I just drive down and spend an entire day mired in Buicks. Life is good.

If only every salvage yard and their owners can be like Wheatbelt...

Matt

Guest trevor ward

Well......,

If i was only two hours away also!!! shocked.gif

I am in another country for crying out loud, and would have NO

hesitation in recommending or buying again from them laugh.gif

When my wheel opening moldings arrived i even had an unexpected spare

which sue thought mangled.... but a few hours later it was good to go!!

very nice people!!

Trevor.... '64 Le Sabre.... summer at last grin.gif

Yes,

Last summer I took a special road trip from Iowa to get a 61 full size door from Wheatbelt (and other parts in Texas) which was pencil straight, rust free and reasonably priced. Only Sue was there - and after getting directions from town folk, I managed to find it OK. I did not wander around since Ken was not there and I had to continue on my journey.

I wanted to touch base with Ken in Plano but he was among the busier of vendors and at the time I didn't need anything more from him.

Bryan Moran

BCA 28571

Have'nt bought a lot of parts from Ken but he is one of the best sellers I've dealt with, was looking for a spare tire hold down for my 1947 Super, called Ken and he said he had one that he thought was right but was'nt sure,he sent it saying if it was right send him payment if not return it, unfortunetly it was'nt the part I needed so it did go back with a check to pay for the time and trouble. This kind of honesty and trust is hard to find anymore.

Don Young

Bca#40498

Hi guys,

About 10 years ago, I drove six hours up to get some parts for my 55 which I was told they had. I got up there and paid for the parts which they had set aside for me and was told to go look around. About 3 hours later, I found more parts I needed and paid for them also. I was getting in my car to head back and my starter went out at a gas station about twenty miles out of town. Since I was in my 55 I figured Ken had that part so I called him "at home" and he came and picked me up. Then we went out into the field (at night) and picked one off a parts car, checked it and then he drove me back to my car, helped install it and I was on my way. He didn't charge me for the "service call" and told me to send him money later since I had already spent all of my cash that day.

After driving another two hours, I hit my one and only coyote. I didn't even stop. I just thought to myself "I sure hope I didn't ruin anything I didn't get a replacement for today." grin.gif I sent him a check later and called the Better Business Bureau to let them know what a solid dude Ken was....

That's my Wheatbelt story.

He is the first call I make whenever I need a part for either of my cars.

Mike

Guest 70 Electra

I've bought a couple of small items from Ken at Wheatbelt, and have been very pleased. Description of items has been very honest, and packaging is done carefully. I would heartily recommend them!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

No,sorry, they attach under the dash. Why don't you post a Wanted ad in the Buy sell forum. Good luck. Hope you don't have to go to the extremes I did. Fun but gawe the drive home was twice as long as the drive out.