Master Cylinder

Guest Dolores

Guest Dolores

Hi All,

I would like a list of suppliers for high quality guaranteed remanufactured master cylinder. If units are not readily available what would be the turnaround time to rebuild my unit. My mechanic is thinking this may be the problem with the ABS lights and Brake lights coming on.....we are anticipating this is the problem and need to do a bit of research on cost and availability. Any information/help is appreciated.

Guest wally888

Unless you have taken the tests below, the odds of you having a master cylinder problem are small!

Give the car the tests! Pump may not be running, may have a bad relay (Main on firewall), Pressure Sensor may be bad..................You can spend as little as $10 to fix or as much as $100 but may spend $1000 or more w/ a bad diagnosis!

I agree with Wally. If you are not having problems with the brakes other than the red and yellow lights coming on, then you don't need a whole rebuild of the system but one of the parts of the system. It is VERY important to change all of the brake fluid every couple of years to help prevent serious problems. I have good tested used parts available and can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Wally is right.

If (red) brake light comes on the ABS will turn off and the Yellow light will come on. Both lights on indicates a problem in the boost circuit (pressure switch, relay, pump, accumulator) and not the ABS system per se.

If you can describe the symptoms, someone has probably seen them.

Guest Dolores

Thank you for your input. I've copied all the brake information and I'll give it to my mechanic. He told me yesterday, the code he received was 32 which is for the front sensors but still believes the master cylinder is going. When he tested the brakes the front seemed fine but the rear are questionable. He was wondering if there was a code for the master cylinder failing.....looking at the codes myself I say there is not.

Thanks again.

Guest wally888

"Believes the Master Cylinder is going!?"

Print tests, give to him, let him give system the tests! Let us see the results?

He may be right but don't like "Believes!"

The rear brakes ain't much, even on a good system!