sale: 1962 Buick Special - Convertible

I have recently inherited a buick special from my father-in-law. The car runs great and has included additional parts. Some of these parts are such: another engine, hood, radiator, set of bumpers, door, all types of trim and body parts etc. All of these additional parts came off of another 62 Special. If you are interested in viewing this or making an offer, please email me and I will send you pictures or whatever you need to see. buick@tds.net

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest daclater

I also have a 62 special that has many spare parts that I am using for occasional parts for a Skylark that I am restoring. If you can tell me what you need I'll post pictures. I'm located in Kingman AZ.

Guest wbt2664
I also have a 62 special that has many spare parts that I am using for occasional parts for a Skylark that I am restoring. If you can tell me what you need I'll post pictures. I'm located in Kingman AZ.

In need of front and rear bumper, convertible top latches, rear light chrome pieces, any molding thats goes this vehicle cause im not sure if take molding or not vehicle has no chrome on it exterior wise. i no nothing about the car it was gave to me without exterior chrome pieces. other then that car is in great shape for the year. if you have any of these parts id like to see them. thanks

Guest daclater

I will post pictures and prices by this weekend. I have both light housings, both bumpers, the top latches, and most of the trim (there is a lot on this car). Most of the chrome is in good shape and will polish up good without replating. I come to So Cal. occasionally so we may be able to arrange delivery.

Daryl

Guest Ric's62

wbt2664, i have misc. extra parts from my 62 special deluxe and also a skylark. Both convertibles. I took everything off the skylark i could before it left. Of course you understand i'm keeping all the good chrome stuff..:D... I live down the road from you in Mar Vista. My cell is 310 710-3247. Daclater, i'm in the need of the stainless beltline trim, mainly the piece behind the passenger door if you have a special deluxe. (trim only came on that model.) Rick

• 2 weeks later...
I will post pictures and prices by this weekend. I have both light housings, both bumpers, the top latches, and most of the trim (there is a lot on this car). Most of the chrome is in good shape and will polish up good without replating. I come to So Cal. occasionally so we may be able to arrange delivery.

Daryl

Daryl,

I could use the top latches. I had to rob them from my '61 Invicta for the '62 Special as both were broken.

• 4 months later...

Are the convertible mechanism parts the same between Buick Specials and Chevy Novas? I know for a fact that the large series GM 1961-1964 use the same latches, weatherstripping, etc. If so, then buy new repros from a Chevy dealer.

There, I am participating in this old, moldy thread now!

Edited by buick5563 (see edit history)

Guest Scoutnow

Anyone know where to get a dual path transmission for a 62 buick skylark and/or a mechanic who knows how to put one together in the SoCal area? Thnx.

• 2 months later...
Guest Jholmes

Mike (buick5563) in Austin, Tx,: You wouldn't happen to know where I can get my hands on a clear front turn signal lens for my '62 Special Convertable, would you? I am over in the Giddings area.

Jim Holmes

Guest Jholmes

Thanks for the welcome, Mike. Yes, we kept Mr. Covert happy back in the early 60"s. Good people and good service. I hope their dealerships are as good now as they were then - suspect they are.

Jim

• 6 months later...
Guest Allen.Dawson

old post i know, but if anyone had trim and other parts for a 62 skylark convertible... that would really help. specifically looking the the metal retaining clip that holds the rubber seal between the A pillar and the wing window on the door....