Did you have a good time at Kokomo?

our51super

Hi all,<P>Just wanted to pass on a great thanks to everyone who made our first Nationals a wonderful experience. We had a great time and much to our surprise received a bronze award in our class (F-2). Thank you all.<P>We were wondering if anyone knew what the classifications were (I guess I didn't pay as much attention as I should have to the announcements, mostly because I never expected to win anything). Someone told me that the classes are explained in the Club roster but I couldn't find it.<P>Thank you Indiana chapter and I hope all who went had as great a time as Teresa and I did.<P>Cheers!

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Hi Crin & Teresa,<P>I had a great time at the Nationals too!<P>Great weather, nice cars, etc.<P>Are you looking to understand the classifications, (like F-2), or the point system, (bronze, silver, gold)?<P>I am a senior judge, and belive I may have judged your car.<P>Scott<P>P.S. I finally got a gold!!!!!

Hi Crin,<P>I did not realize whose car I was judging. It is better that way. We went only by the entry numbers on the window cards.<P>The "F-2" designation is the class you car is in. The classes go from A-U, depending on the year and sometimes the model. The "2" was because they split the "F" class into two sections, since there were so many "F's" and we had the judging manpower.<P>If you want to provide me with a fax number, I can fax you the class designations, and point breakdowns.<P>You can obtain your own judging manual by contacting the BCA office and talking to Mike & Nancy Book. Not sure if there is a charge.<BR>There are just a few books left.<P>I suggest you and anybody else interested in restoring your car(s) obtain this book, as it is our "bible". It is filled with a lot of good information, and it will help everybody understand what a judge looks for when judging a car, as well as what an owner needs to know to get it proper.<P>Interestingly enough, they hold a seminal for all the judges every year, but nothing for the car owners.<P>A lot of discrepencies and misunderstandings could be avoided, if the general membership had these seminars, and if Rick Schick and Mac Blair had a team to train the judges and or the captains during the year.<P>If the local chapters used the "400 point " system at least once a year on the local level, it would contribute to a better trained judging staff at the Nationals.<P>Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they did a bad job, but a lot of owner recoarse, and misunderstandings could be avoided with more experience.<P>Scott<P>Scott

My wife and I had a very good time at Kokomo, and I was struck by the number of cars that were on hand to enjoy. I thought they were going to have to stand some of them on end. My wife has decided her favorite is the 50's Roadmaster convertible's...natuarally. After reading the previous posts on this thread, I called the BCA office and ordered a judging manual. The cost is only $7.00.<P>Thanks to all who worked hard to make this a great weekend. I will definitely be going to Flint.<P>Pat

Thanks for that great information, Scott!<P>By the way, Scott, your convertible IS the most outstanding vehicle of its type in the known universe! Congratulations on the great job you did with it!<P>I also hope we'll see it and your family at the 2004 BCA National Meet in Texas!<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

Scott,<BR>Your c ar is gorgeous. The funny thing is that we were at the Clarion and one morning Teresa and I came out and saw your car (not knowing it was yours) and we were all kinds of impressed. You did a wonderful job.<P>I was trying to figure out what the F-2 meant. I don't know under what classification I received the award under. I was curious if it had a designation? I remember hearing "preservation" but I don't think that's what I fall under.<P>It was a great time! Are you going to the regional?<P>See you later.

Hi Bill,<P>The board did approve the Texas meet for 2004, and are taking bids for 2005. In the running for 2005 so far is Colorado Springs.<P>This was decided at the Friday board meeting.<P>As always, there will be a link to see the minutes of the meeting, posted asap.<P>Scott<P>P.S. I think the 2005 dates were the second week in June.

• 2 weeks later...

WE THOUGHT THE MEET AT KOKOMO WAS EXCELLENT, SAW YOUR 51 AS WE STAYED AT THE CLARION WITH OUR 1952 56R THAT IS LIGHT GREEN. NEVER EXPECTED TO SCORE WELL WITH THAT CAR WHICH IS A DRIVER. WE DROVE DOWN FROM COMSTOCK PARK MI. A DISTANCE OF 220 MILES. HOPE TO SEE ALL OF THIS YEARS BUICKS AND MORE NEXT YEAR AT FLINT.<BR> <BR> CHUCK & MARCIA ROSSMAN<BR> #27021

I enjoyed the Kokomo meet also. They had lots of nice cars and a good swap area. I also enjoyed the performance divisions trip to the drag strip on Friday, and I ran my 72 GS convertible quite a few times. I have been to every BCA national since the start in 1971 and am glad to hear that we are going west again. smile.gif" border="0<P>Joe Taubitz<BR>BCA 1308<BR>BDE 001<p>[ 07-27-2002: Message edited by: The Old Guy ]

I applaud the Central Indiana Chapter for all the hard work they put forward in making the 2002 National Meet one which I will remember for many reasons.<BR>For one, it was "low key" and very relaxed, with no hectic schedules to make all the tours and events. Most folks that I spoke with were having a marvelous time. The hotel where I bunked was extremely happy that we were there, and did everything possible to make our stay in Kokomo enjoyable and fun! Can't say this about some of the others in the past years.<BR>The weather was, as usual, WARM but not unbearable and it was a good excuse to go into the hospitality room and cool off with friends from around the country.<BR>All in all, it was a really nice National Meet, and I'm sure glad I was there!<BR>See you in Flint next year,<BR>Bob Leets grin.gif" border="0