Spent the Day in Kokomo

jerryacheson

I just got back home (to Indianapolis) from Kokomo. There were some pretty nice Buicks up there and the swapmeet wasn't bad either. Lots of cars were still rollin' in as I was leaving. Better get to Kokomo. Oh yea! GM had some pretty neat cars on display too. The Heritage Museum is no slouch either. Stop in and see some pretty rare cars.

The rose 62 is not mine as you noted. It's in the swap area for sale. It's pretty straight, but not perfect. Judging from the body and interior, I'd expect the car to be about a 920 pointer. I didn't look underneath or in the engine area. Nice driver. The paint looks pretty good but it's got some flaws. The car was a salty $18,500. I'm going back up on Saturday. Want his phone number? Of course, you could have my ragtop for that number.

This was my first BCA convention so I went back up to Kokomo on Saturday to see the trailer queens. Wow! There were some pretty awesome cars on display. I really enjoyed it. We're already talking about next year's convention around my house. See ya there.

For those who missed the swap meet, there was quite a bit of 1940 parts.Some earlier parts, mostly late 30s.Majority of parts were the 60s. Most unusual I had quite a few people looking for the 1961 and 1962 parts. A lot of used parts, and the supply of NOS parts is getting thinner every year. <BR>Vendor next to me sold a nice black trunk mat<BR>for $85, no cracks or rips, someone got a good buy.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

Did anyone notice this: I bought a couple of hat pins like Tucker, Studebaker, Edsel and so on for about $3 each, then I noticed a nice Buick pin, (same size as the others), and it was $55. Teresa and I drove to the Duesenberg Museum in Auburn and found the same Buick pin for, you guessed it, $3. Is this the norm at the Nationals, are the prices are inflated because they know we like Buicks? I thought that was pretty unfair. Everthing else was great. This was our first time at a National and we really had a great time.<P>Cheers!