Hurst SC/Rambler and Hurst in general.

rocketraider

I don't understand why the SC/Rambler post was moved especially for the reasons stated. I saw nothing confusing about it and considering it addressed a fairly rare and significant specialty production car (as <span style="font-weight: bold">ALL</span> Hurst conversions are) it was certainly relevant to this Forum.

The Hurst conversions are hard enough to document and save without having them totally dissed in a major collector car Forum. The fact that GM, AMC and Chrysler ALL used them to produce (now highly collectable) specialty cars speaks volumes for Hurst/Campbell Corporation and their Demmer Engineering subsidiary.

I suppose any discussion I would initiate concerning my 1974 Hurst/Olds Indianapolis 500 Pace Car replica would also be taboo in this setting?

Or have we forgotten that the "Jaws of Life" tool that is standard equipment on almost every EMT and crash response ambulance in this country was also designed by George Hurst?

thank you so much for your post. i to did not understand why my Hurst SC/rambler post was removed. i have posted again in the AMC area as i must not have been welcome to come out of the closet.

i love all cars and my family have had nice Packards and one of the rarest classics ever made,a 1926 WILLS SAINT CLAIRE ! ! ! I HAVE LOOKED ON YOUR PHOTO SITE FOR ONE WITH NO LUCK, I WAS GOING TO SEND A PICTURE BUT MAYBE IT WOULD BE DISSED ALSO AS THERE ARE ONLY ABOUT 70 OR SO WILLS SAINT CLAIRE'S LEFT. C.H.WILLS was the right hand man for Henry Ford.

THANKS,MATT

the WILLS ST. CLAIRE was truely one of the best built cars ever made.

i don't have a digital picture of it but i will scan one to the site.

it was and still is a very nice unrestored WILLS. we took it to the factory in Marysville Mi. back in the 80s. i'm told Chrysler had it torn down not to long ago (sad),they did same to AMC plant also. i love Chrysler also but it stinks they have to do this , i guess for taxes.

thanks,

matt

Guest Skyking

Matt, my son has a 69 Scrambler he restored in the nineties. I've been trying to post a photo but I'm having trouble. He bought this car out of Boston in the early 80's. It's a super nice car, both for looks & speed. There are a few of them in the N.E. area. Every time he's out with the car, the questions always, "is it for sale"? He's owned it since he was 16.......my guess it's a keeper!

Peter told me it was a HONEST MISTAKE must not had know that the AMC Hurst SC/rambler was pretty much a fractory built Hot rod.

he says there has been some HOT RODDERS & RICERS atacking the AACA forum.

i can see how this could happen so i have no hard feelings.

i love the old classic cars,as i grew up with them and know a little about the AACA.

i am very pleased to have the SC on this site and look forward to talking to some of you about your great cars.i have left some comments under photos already ! ! !

thanks again Peter and everyone else also,

matt

FREEDOM=AMC

SKYKING,

that is one fine looking (A)paint scheme SC/RAMBLER ! ! ! mine is the (B)paint scheme.

http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/MyGarage2004/MattScrambler/ScramblerHome.htm

hope you can get the pictures up so these car can be seen.

you are right , most of them were sold in the northeast so the father you get away from there the less chance anyone will see one.

i loved looking at your MET,i always liked those. sorry to hear those kids hit it with a rock.

i work in a print shop also ! ! !

thanks,matt

FREEDOM=AMC

Peter wrote me back and told me that when he checked out photos of my SC/rambler it brought back some memories.he said that in the late 1960's he was in charge of a 11 man squad at Ft.Hood Texas.one young man fell in love with a Rambler that had a red/white/blue color scheme.it wasn't your every day Rambler either. he was only 8 months into a 3 year hitch and the Army was offering $4-9,000 cash bonus to re-inlist for 6 additional years.well,he ended up with a "9 year" hitch and the Rambler ! ! !

Peter never saw the Rambler he bought, but now knows that it must have been a 1969 Hurst SC/rambler.

i love this story ! ! ! i can't imagine wanting anything that much in those hard war days of 1969. FREEDOM=AMC

thanks, matt