Rear light assemblie

Roadster90

Can someone point me to a post or tutorial on how to change tailight bulbs please. I assume I take off those large wing nuts on the reverse of the rear trunk apron but just want to know if there are any tricks available. I tried many different versions/wording on the infamous search function and got battery, water pump, etc.(^#$&*(_*) frown.gifsmile.gif

Remove license plate

remove all wing nuts. There are 2 way on the outside that aren't easy to locate.

Assembly pulls out revealing light bulb sockets.

There are two cables that tether the assembly to the car.

After you go through these steps you will understand why you want to replace all the bulbs while it is out.

Assembly is the reverse.

Good luck

Nic I replaced a bulb just last weekend. One of the dual filament turn signal bulbs. Was a straight forward removal of all the wing nuts, do not miss the ones at the far outsides. NOTHING else has to be removed. Yes, do not over tighten, Robert

All of the items mentioned are correct but one caution. Have a pad of some sort available as the studs on the ends can easily scratch the outside corners when you let is hang down from the tethers (I know). All of the bulbs are the same 1157 even though some of them never use the high filament, except the clearance/marker lights on the ends. I assume GM did this so a mistake couldn't be made on installation.