52 Paint Color Problem

I have a 52 Estate Wagon that I want to paint with the original ( or as close to as possible today) paint. The ID tag reads Paint No. 42. The 52 Paint chips don't list a No. 42, but have 2 simiiar chips. Glacier Green Metallic is 52-31, 52-37(L) and Peacock Green Metallic is 52-32, 52-38(L) The faded color I now have could be either or neither but are real close. Could this be a special order or could there be another later paint code?? This car is very rare and the color is important to match, even though it is not my idea of a beautiful color!! Any help would be appreciated.

This may be a long shot, maybe, maybe not, I don't know. Try calling this place:<P>Den's Paint Center<BR>618-234-5871<P>They were able to look up the correct paint code for our '51 Super for a perfect match. They may be able to help. Ask for "JJ". He's the one that helped us.<P>Good luck!

You might be surprised how beautiful those early 50s metallic greens can be when they're fresh, glossy and polished so slick it looks like you can dip yer hands in it. I'm thinking you've got either a late built car with a Springtime color code (they did that frequently those years) that your paint chips didn't update, or you have a special ordered Caddy or Olds color. I don't have paint references that far back so I can't help as far as naming the code 42.

Yahmon,<BR>According to the Paint book I have a number 42 for a 52 Buick is Teel Blue both upper and lower. Wheels would be the same color or Dante Red with French White Pinstripes.<BR>You local PPG dealer should be able to help you with getting the correct color.<P>If you dont like that color you can pick one that you do like from that year without a judging penalty. I dont think it would affect the value of the car as long as you stay within the colors offered that year.<P>Rocketraider, you are right about the metallic greens. That is what I am going back with on my Wagon and it is a great color.<p>[ 03-18-2002: Message edited by: Bill Stoneberg ]