Vehicle Storage

Guest DaveZZZ

Guest imported_DaveZZZ

Hi folks.

I am just curious how many of you have to pay for vehicle storage, what you pay and what you get.

If that's too personal, sorry- no offens meant. I'm just looking into some options, and wondering how prices go; climate controlled vs. non, what an adequate sized storage pen is, are these at specialty locations or just any old U-Store-It type place, etc.

Thanks

Dave

Guest 1959olds

The factory I work for here in Southeastern Indiana has a warehouse, heated, and alarmed that we rent space for $60/month during the winter season. We only had a few takers, as the biggest problem was that they wanted you to leave your car and then arrange for any visit during regular buiseness hours. Keep this in mind when you choose a place as this will hamper you when you get the urge to show it off to someone, or you want to go tinker with it. Also this facility was offered with no liability insurance in case of fire, etc.

Guest Skyking

There is a 3 car garage around the corner from me that gets $100 a month per stall. I think I will sell my cars and rent mine out... grin.gif

Speaking of storage, how many of you that have unheated garages with pre-1930 autos, jack the tires up off the ground for the winter? Or put plastic under the cars, on the concrete, as a vapor barrier? As for price, 75.00 seems to be the going rate for cars around here. Karl

Another option is free climate controlled storage and letting people enjoy the car.

Last winter I stored my 55 Bird inside the Technology Building at the Local University.

http://beaver.vinu.edu/02-22-2004%20Tech%20bird/index.html

I went over and dusted it every week or two.

Free storage and everybody enjoyed looking at it.

I think I'll put a car in there next winter.

I also had a couple of bike in there last winter.

http://beaver.vinu.edu/03-27-2004%20Rokon%20in%20tech/index.html

It was also a great way to advertise AACA like I did.