Where is Batavia New York??

I thought the 2005 National meet was in Rochester New York and I noticed the BCA website indicates it is in Batavia. So I looked up Batavia in the Rand McNally but it is not listed. Please advise where Batavia is located?

Thanks

Bryan Moran

BCA 28571

Guest my3buicks

Bryan, do a "Mapquest" from your home and it will give you directions/time etc from your home to Batavia. It is near Rochester.

Batavia is half way (more or less) between Rochester, New York and Buffalo, New York down the I90 Snow corridor. :-) No worries though as it stops snowing in early June shocked.gif and does not start again until early September! Thank goodness my lovely wife made me move to San Diego...I'm still waiting for the snow here! hehehehe

I know it's an exageration, but after living in Rochester for ten years it is what I remember! hehehehe I'm still waiting for the snow in San Diego...none yet! I may have to sell these two ice scrapers I found after our move! hehehe

Guest John Chapman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...sell these two ice scrapers I found after our move! hehehe </div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">What</span> scrapers? Nobody here will know what they are...!

JMC

Ok, I guess you can't use an ice scraper for;

Mud Slides

Wild Fires

Earth Quakes

Arnold Swartzenager laugh.gif (We have Hillary Clinton!).

I would love to get rid of my ice scraper, but that would not be very smart.

grin.gif I just hope next summer is better than this year...nothing but rain here every other day..... frown.gif

hahaha Since I left Rochester two years ago, they have had:

Earthquakes

Blackouts

Rolling Brownouts

Ice storms

SNOW! SONW! and more SNOW!

Then when it got warm this summer it started to rain! The group I work for in Rochester have been telling me that ir has not stopped...we could use some of that rain here...no precip since April...no wonder cars live forever out here!

I'm hoping work will have a reason to fly me back to Rochester next year around mid-July! :-) They have flown me back twice a year (like it or not) so maybe next year I can schedule my trip and have some more Buick fun! This last trip I went down to Corning to see bQuick and his Electra Trifecta!

Isn't that line, "It never rains in California . . ." from an Eagles song? hehe Seems like I remember the "rain in sunny California" being called "liquid sunshine" by some of the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce people back in the '60s as they promoted the "Sunny California" orientation back then?

When I was at Kokomo for the national meet up there, there was a very good documentary on the Beach Boys on a cable channel one night. Quite interesting how it all interacted with the whole California scene back then! Many of those songs had real meaning to them plus generations of other young people too. Lots of great music back then!

If you're in the Google mood, punch in some of the '50s television shows (like "77 Sunset Strip") and see how much is out there on those older shows! Wonder if they'll have a list of how many show episodes that Broderick Crawford or Perry Mason drove Buicks in?

John, if you have the ice scrapers that are the "fancy ones" with the brush on the other end of them, you can still use them to brush off the sand when you go to the beach. The scraper end could be used to mould sand castles too!

Enjoy!

NTX5467