Shhhhhh ...

Reatta Fan

he specializes (it seems) in Chrysler Maseratis, Allantes, and Reattas, and is reviled in every group. the cars are not quite as he says they are, and it seems that many of his feedback comments reflect this. I believe someone from this group had gone down from one of the Carolinas to see one of his last Reattas for sale, a red convertible. it was said to be junk, and it seemed to have had a rough life compared to the miles on the odometer.

a friend who sells Chrysler Maserati parts had seen one of Mr. Doyne's TCs for sale, and one of the door panels was missing a large piece of leather, so Mr. Doyne substituted a piece of cardboard, sprayed to match. with the way the photos were taken, it was impossible to see...at least until you received the car.

Mike

Smokey15,

I'm neither atacking or defending this seller but just pointing out factual past history and opinions. Using the search function of this forum you can see the past history of this seller and draw your own conclusions. I tried it using this Reatta as the forum to search on, "Doyne" for the keyword search term, and got a page full of hits. Also, go to www.allante.org for more info.

for example: in the Reatta convertible he presently has for sale, there is a photo of the odometer. is the 'brake' light on...or not? any mention of this in the text of the ad?

as ReattaFan had mentioned, take some time to read some of the previous posts from here, as well as the Allante site. you might see some parallel comments between the two sites.

Mike

This guy is running aroung 30% negative feedback over the past year. That should tell you something; and believe me if I was selling a car that had a steering wheel that looked as bad as that one appears to be, I would have a nice, clear pic of it, not the sorta, kinda obliquely showing its condition if you are looking for it, sleight-of-hand nonesense Mr. Doyne is notorious for.

Interior carpet looks to me like the floor got filled with water at some point.

Reattas could be ordered sans pinstriping all years, but I don't think many were actually built without the striping. Most likely a re-paint IMO.

Caveat Emptor

Guest mgibson

Pin striping missing could be correct, but rare. I have a Black/Tan 90 that is coded "pin stripe delete", but wouldn't you know? A previous owner or dealer added a very nice custom painted pinstripe! As for the seller, where there's smoke, there's probably a fire! shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's baaaaaaaaack. Don't wake Alf.

eBay Item number: 2484852944 </div></div>

The ALFster noticed...but was laughing so hard at the hanging rearview mirror that he couldn't make a post.

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span> grin.gif

P.S. Since Doyne's from Florida, is his hanging mirror anything like a hanging chad?