Tyres 1914

Hugo Albini

Hugo...Welcome to the AACA Forum!

Rick Hoover is our resident tyre source, of whom, will offer the best advise. I will ring his doorbell via e-mail.

Regards, Peter J.

• 4 weeks later...

...and Im going to guess from the spelling of Tyre youre probably in the UK? There may be a source there that will help you avoid the import duties that might be associated with shipping from the USA. If you can confirm your location I may be able to provide info on an additional source.

Just as a curiosity, Ive got some early USA auto accessory catalogs and it seems that in the early 1900's the common spelling in the USA was also "Tyre." Ive also got an early tin sign advertising an interesting tyre called "Inside Tyre" which was an early attempt at using a puncture proof lining inside the usual rubber casing. Again, the spelling is "Tyre." Anyone got any guesses as to when (or why) the spelling changed over? After all, the pneumatic tyre was actually invented in Scotland and of course popularized by Michelin.

Terry

Hugo,

Having read another post you made, I see you are from Australia. Being that, you may want to contact Coker Tires Australian distributor, Antique Tyre Supplies in West Heidelberg, Victoria. Talk to Alan McKinnon or his son Ben. Two very nice fellows and knowing them, I assure you that they will be more than willing and happy to assist you with your tyre needs.

Rick

MISTER Hoover smirk.gif you are always there when our fellow forum users need the benefit of your knowledge & experience. smile.gifsmile.gif Let me express the thanks of many of us.

hvs