New OwNeR ToO!!

ThInGTOO

dad just bought me a car and bought one for thing one also.. and i was very relieved to find this sight.. im 16 and i think i want to pimp my ride a little bit, is there a spoiler out there that would look good on my car?? any other hints to make it look more .. modern...? thanks for readin!!

you might want to scroll down the page, as there was a posting about this last week. everyone has an opinion about which spoiler looks best. we have found the spoiler from the Oldsmobile Alero looks very nice. it has the same rear curvature as the Reatta, and does not interfere with antenna operation, which can be a problem.

Mike

Guest tempest68

ThingToo,

Welcome to the forum. And tell your sibling, ThingOne, I said "welcome" as well.

Since you are new to Reattas and this forum, let me provide you with some helpful tips:

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]For used Reatta parts, contact Mike "Reattadudes" above or Jim Finn (search for his contact info). Both are trusted suppliers of parts to the Reatta crowd. Beware of what you find on EBay listed as appropriate for the Reatta, as it might be something generic and not truely made for the Reatta. As they say "buyer beware" [*]Try the SEARCH feature of this forum, it can help you find topics that have been covered already [*]Visit www.reatta.net for alot of useful information about the Reatta [*]Visit www.reatta.org for information about the Reatta Division of the Buick Club of America [*]Consider investing in a Service Manual. See www.helminc.com [*]Do the Brake Test as outlined on www.reatta.net as these cars are known to have serious brake problems if the system was not properly maintained. So for YOUR safety and the safety of others on the road, please do the test and see where that leads.

That's my quick-list of information every new Reatta owner should know. I'm sure I'm missing something, so I'll ask the rest of the crowd to add anything they think I missed.

ha, im not the youngest anymore. reatta's sound great with the right stereo system. the alero spoilers are nice, theyre good because they look right and arent that rice/honda crap. im actually working on a few projects that might give you ideas. i thought to fiberglass a headliner and mold it to the point of holding an lcd and an additional four speakers, i mean i only have 10 going right now. you can look for 16way seats, im trying to find another one to put on my passenger side. ummm. i plan to raise the floor in my trunk a few inches and to then change my spare tirewell into a sub enclosure. also, i plan on blacking out my taillight assembly and converting to led clusters. i want to see if i can modify my headlights to make them use a BMW assembly and to get "angel/deamon eyes." i could use an RKE, my 88 dosent have one, i desperatly want to put an NEW into it. but currently im working on a ramair/cold air project. it looks dumb now but it sounds nice, i need to re-route the piping that i used. anyway, dreams are nice but you need the $ to work it out, i only have about 50$ a week extra to do neat car stuff so things happen slowly. but i cant complain, the car cost me only 1500 and ive only put 2000 in work into it and everything runs great. good luck

btw, tint the windows

Guest tempest68

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...im actually working on a few projects...

currently im working on a ramair/cold air project. </div></div>

The ram-air might not be all its cracked up to be, but CAI would be good. Someone tested the temperature of the air coming in through the (aftermarket) hood scoupes on a GTP that was converted to ram-air. The particular hood in question actually raised the temp. of the air a few degrees (the restriction generated the heat). Not good. Plus the ram-air required bends which disrupt airflow.

I havent gotten around to tinkering with the Reatta yet. A CAI would be nice, but maybe even just adding a Fender Well Intake (FWI) might be beneficial. People concerned more about performance than looks just make a cheap setup with piping from Home-Depot/Lowes.

Its disappointing to see that our stock airbox requires the air to bend 90 degrees frown.gif

You do not need to do anything to your Reatta to make it unique. There were only 7,009 make in 1989 and a grand total of 21,751 made in 4 years. They make more Caviliers or Mustangs than that each month.

Changing wheels can change the appearance quicker than anything.

I believe the experts will agree, you need to work on the exhaust before working on incoming air. Extra on the in is worthless unless you can get it out the back.

Lastly, I hope your spelling of New Jersey is a joke or otherwise you will fail you SAT

its not exactly cold or ram air. i took the stock setup out of the car and ran ducting from the end of the air hose, thru a bendy metal pipe that has some weight and is solid(kind of like a straw). back into ducting and then into a K&N filter. the filter is on a metal pice thats used in building houses, the part that pipes go thru. i took one that i got at home depot and bent it with hammer and vice and cut it to fit. it looks like crap, i need to get better ducting, or maybe just more bendy pipe, and relocate where i have the filter. currently it is parallel th the ground facing down just at the line of the grille and the pipe runs above it and then down and then thru the hole behind the headlight. i noticed an immediate gain in "scoot" and it drives better on the interstate too. i think what im going to do is take it off and see if i cant get it perpendicular and then off to the sides, it would reduce the number of bends and it wouldnt look like crap. it cost me maybe 20$ not counting the K&N. i need a night off that i dont have other plans for, oh well maybe next week. btw, is there an easy way to move the relaycenter and washerfluid things there to make it easier to work on? i would put it back...

thanks in advance.

EDIT:>> Exhaust is on the list but it really isnt a project. im thinking Borla, should sound nice and work too. i wanted dual exhaust but ill have to figure that all out when the time comes, maybe a few months? i hope before the turkey Rod Run comes to daytona that i can get some stuff done. hope to see a lot of you there

Hey.......don't waste your money on Borla, I had a set on my Lexus SC400. They are okay but not worth the money. Just go to a good muffler shop and tell them what you the car to sound like. My '89 has dual exhausts, just use a smaller muffler similar to the stock with two outlets and bend the pipe around the back and come out the other side. They will have to cutout a little bottom bumper molding to match the other side.

The sound is better than stock, but not loud.

Est $100 for the muffler and another $100 labor.

BTW, the biggest restiction in the exhaust is in the rear exhaust manifold, on many cars the hole to the head pipe is ragged and reduces the possible flow capacity by a good 40-50%.

I'd grind that out first. I suspect you could do it in the car by dropping the head pipe but would want wrap around and fully sealing eye and nose protection.