'56, 322 plug-wires?

Guest NikeAjax

Guest imported_NikeAjax

Can someone please recommend a set of plug wires for my '56 322? I want new style silicone 7mm's, or close; 8mm won't fit into the rubber-sepperators. The kind I have slop all over the place after they come out of the holder-onner-thingy. When I ask for spark plug wires for this car, I don't get the 90 degree angled boots to fit under the plug covers.

Thanks,

Jaybird

I got mine at my local NAPA store last summer. I bought a universal set with the 90 degree sparkplug boot, but then had to specify the straight boot at the cap end. These were readilly available.

John d

I always go with the cut-your-own models.

I've also got an MSD cutter/crimper that makes the job a real joy. Don't remember what that tool costs, but it's worth twice the price.

I went with a Pertronix ignition on my '54, and Pertronix sells black, no-script 7mm wires.

-Brad

Guest imported_NikeAjax

Thanks all; I got a crop your own set too Brad. I have an MSD ignition that I love; it's a Crane XR3000. It's not really pretty, but it kicks out some power that lets me burn some really cheap gas and zilch for knocking or pinging.

Jaybird