POLYMASK

Guest Jim Piro

Guest Jim Piro

After a discussion with my GM dealer concerning my discount on Reatta parts, I was forced to go through my Reatta stuff (two folders!) and I found my origional info about polymask. I have a data sheet which I can fax (two pages).

I called (828-234-8828) and spoke to a Tom Walker about the product. He sent me a sample (3 feet by 100 foot roll)AT NO COST. NO SHIPPING, NO NOTHING!!

I have all of the info if anybody wants copies.

This is a great product. I have used it for three car shows and did not get one ding on any protected surface. If you are going to travel and want to protect the paint and don't like the bra, this is your stuff!

I received the roll three years ago so I don't know if the phone number or the contact person are still good.

GOOD LUCK!!

• 6 years later...
Guest Jim Piro

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! That is the stuff. It is like scotch tape but leaves no residue when you remove it. Can't be reused but it does a great job.

I contacted Tom Walker today. I was told that they only sell wholesale and if I found someone who could buy it wholesale, the minium order would be about $1,000. They make over 350 different types of plastic sheet material and each has it's own specific adheasive base dependant upon the surface being covered. He did say they make the white material that is put on new vehicles for protection, and that it could be reused if not contaminated after removal. It looks like I'll be visiting the local dealership and see if they could save me a few pieces. Other than that I guess I'll trailer the Reatta to Florida and buy a bottle of touch-up after I arrive. I didn't think it would be this big a deal!

Tom

Tom...understood... I'll keep an eye out because I'm now also interested in finding a product similar to what you've described...Dave