Paint????

willie

Dear Willie and Ace,Give Ed at Color-ite in Conn. a call,has ALL the Lincoln colors for everything.203-393-0240.Ed is a GOOD guy who has helped me out with such matters in the past.Ace i am going to brush trim items and hubcaps,i think any brush marks should flow out,going to ROUGH up areas first.diz laugh.gif

Trick I used on rhis recently in painting the inner parts of the nose ornamnent on a Ford pickup, was to clean the area to be painted thoroughly with lacquer thinner, then I coated the surrounding areas which were chrome with wax, sprayed the red, which was Ford engine red, let it dry, and just wiped the wax and paint off the chrome, looks slick, and was pretty easy, Rolf

Guest imported_V12Bill

On my 48 converible I went to a local parts supply store and purchased a one half ounce touchup bottle of paint. The color I used was a red for a 2000 and up Ford Focus. On the spearin front of the tail lights I used the brush provided to get nice straight lines. In cooler weather the paint takes longer to dry and the brush strokes flow out. For the trunk handle with its many fine lines, I just brushed the paint into the grooves with no particular care given to not get paint on the surrounding chrome. I took a rubber sanding block and wraped a lacquer soaked rag around it and rubbed it over the excess paint to remove it. The end result was very satisfactory and can be used for hubcaps and other locations where paint is needed in a recessed area.

Bill

The way Rolf did his is the same way I have done mine, but for the side tail light trim and the headlight trim I have seen red fine line tape use on a 42 continential convertible that won best of show. cant say who it is but it work and there is no brush marks. the judges never touch the areas to see if its paint or not. just an idea if you dont want brush marks on the long flat areas.