2006 Reatta maybe?

Tinker

...Saw this in Autoweek, end of February/beginning of March sometime.

..Sparked my interest then too!

IF they build it, I HOPE it has some POWER to match the looks.

The sedan they refer to may become "Riviera".

The sedan is listed as a 2007 and the convertible as a 2008.

Notice the convertible is listed as a "four seat, two door convertible".

Autoweek Article

If you count aftermarket, they already have...sort of...

SLP Stage 1, 2, 3

(see bottom of page)

How about TA Performance's alumium "Buick" V6 block capable of 1000+hp?

Give it a GM part number and put it in this new baby!

Or if you like V8s, the new aftermarket "Buick" V8....give it a GM part #...call it a Stage 2 or something and shoehorn it in.

Even if this one has a weak V6 (which I don't think it will if they are aiming at Lexus), buy one up, swap engines, and reregister it (at least in my state) to be a Modified vehicle or "Collectible" tag in order to be emissions exempt. At least its a RWD platform which is something to start with (no offense to those liking their FWD platforms). wink.gif

I also like the other ideas of calling the sedan a Wildcat.... or maybe even bring back the Centurian name.

But personally, I'd be torn between this one and a "real" Centiemme complete with the concept's twin-turbo 400hp. engine. Y'know, cargo space and room for family and all....

At least we have some new Buick concepts to discuss! That alone is exicting.

While a Buick enthusist can appreciate a V6 motor, the general consumer does not when they view a car like this one. The Reatta died because the price and no V8 just killed it. When you view this new Buick you can bet a potential purchaser wants to pop the hood and see a V8 sitting there...just the nature of the beast. Of course, god forbid another GM marquee would ever give us a two seater with a powerful and torquey motor like, or even better than the Vette.

Maybe, just maybe someone is making a case for a new rear wheel drive two door Buick GS that will at least be equal to the new Pontiac GTO...now that would be real nice and a real V8 Stage 1 or 2 option would be even nicer.

Gordon

Don't forget that the turbo TransAm in 1989 was the fatest TransAm ever. Americans don't care what is under the hood if it is fast. Unfortunately at the time, the bean counters took over & the Reatta became a chick car (& do not have to look further than the wheels for proof, 15x6s when the '78 TA had 15x8s and even the contemporary Fiero GT had 15x7s).

I paid a fraction of the new cost for mine & is for daily driving (or really more like weekly driving), have the Judge when I want a straight line machine, and a Fiero for going around corners. Now I just have to find space for a Solstice.

>>While a Buick enthusist can appreciate a V6 motor, the general consumer does

>>not when they view a car like this one. The Reatta died because the price and

>>no V8 just killed it. When you view this new Buick you can bet a potential

>>purchaser wants to pop the hood and see a V8 sitting there...just the nature

>>of the beast.

Very true and look what they're doing again.

From Autoweek... "Sister car....Opel Insignia concept...In Opel trim, a 344-hp Corvette V8 powered the concept. For Buick, look for the tradition of powerful V6s to continue." ACK!!! (Hey, I'm not knocking the Buick V6... I own 4 of them and they're great).

We know (or at least highly suspect) that they're not going to be using the old Buick pushrod V6 in any form (normally aspirated, supercharged or turbocharged) in this car in 2008. There have been rumors for years that they want to phase it out (emissions, etc.). The public wouldn't understand having that engine either. They want overhead cams, blah, blah, blah.. Only the 'Vette V8 may remain in pushrod V8 form in the public's eyes (for some reason).

>>Don't forget that the turbo TransAm in 1989 was the fatest TransAm ever.

True.

>>Americans don't care what is under the hood if it is fast.

Well... in the TTA's case, they didn't really sell that well.

There were rumors that guys spent their life savings buying multiples of these cars thinking they were going to make a huge instant profit like when the GNXs came out but they got stuck with them. GNXs are still commanding 25-35K while TTAs typically are typically 18-25K and they're almost as fast. I think the public wanted a V8 in the TA. That, and it also was a white car. White cars just don't present a "muscular bad image".

If the Velite shares its platform with a V8 powered version.....mmmm.....