1964 Buick wildcat w/t-10 4 speed

My uncle has a 64 wildcat with factory 4 speed does anybody now how many of these were made. We are also wondering the cars value, it has not been restored. I would consider it to be in good shape for it's age and I think it's 7x,000 mile car. I check on the net trying to find specs. but no luck. Thanks in advance for any help in answering my questions. Bryan

p.s. Someone told him the car was worth $60,000 restored, can this be true?

Opinions vary on old car values. For a guideline I use the Krause "Old Cars Price Guide" magazine. Your car could be a 4dr, 2dr or convertible and the values vary. They don't note any addition for the 4-speed but I would figure 10-15% additional, depending on rarity. The Standard Catalog of Buick may have some data on production and rarity. Based on your description, the car as is is probably in the range anywhere from $6100 to $18200 - it varys greatly depending on body style - but assuming it's a 2dr hardtop $8400-$15000. They include a #1 condition value but their standard for #1 condition requires a car just about have been brought home from the dealer and hermetically sealed ever since to meet it. Also, values may vary greatly from area to area - some cars are less in demand in certain parts of the country. You can check a post on the Olds board about value of a '72 Cutlass convertible, I believe, for the details of another source of old-car values.

I saw someone driving a really clean big '64 Buick 4dr yesterday down the interstate here in the snow and road salt and could not believe my eyes. Yeah, it's only a 4dr, but to run it in this junk is still crazy.

In 1964, probably the March or April issue (or thereabouts), "Motor Trend" magazine did a companion road test of two 1964 Wildcats. One was a convertible and the other was a 2-dr hardtop. One had the normal 4bbl V-8 and the other one was a 2x4bbl 4-speed car. If you can find a copy of that road test, it should have most of the information about the vehicle specs that you might desire, plus pictures of the underhood areas.

Also in that issue, was a road test of a 1964 Chrysler Newport 361 2-bbl "base model" 4-dr sedan with a 3-speed manual trans (floor shift) and a few other interesting vehicles. Seems like the Buicks were on the cover, too.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

i went to flint and checked myself.

there were 356 1964 2 door sport coups built with 4-speed

manual transmission.i dont know how many 4-door there were.

but all were built in flint.

scott

1964 wildcat 425 2x4's 4-speed

(under major construction) tongue.gif

Guest sintid58

One thing to remember is that waaaaaaayyyyy to many people think there car is a number one. Most cars that have not been totally restored are number 3 cars. If you really read the descriptions in the car quides a number one is perfectly restored, a number two is show room new.

• 3 weeks later...