Exhaust system from John Kepich

I was considering purchasing an exhaust system from John Kepich who advertises in the Packard Club. I did a little research via the web on his products and it doesn't appear that everyone is happy with either the service or the product. Could anyone who has purchased a system from this company provide any further guidance and whether another vendor is preferable. My car is a 1947 Packard Super Clipper.

i bought duals for the '58, had no problems.

bought pipes for the 1930 and told them it had a pottors trunk. So, he send me a longer tail pipe.

Just got a check in the mail for a 1950 system that was falling off at hersheys, and a 1954 system with a y-pipe.

The only issue is the flange at the mainfold on the pre-'30's stuff. You might have to reuse the flange or have the pipe bent to match the mainfold.

Guest DeSoto Frank

About 10 years ago, I needed a "Y"-pipe for a '61 Plymouth Belvedere driver, and Kepich was the only one who seemed to be able to supply one.

It fit reasonably well, and held-up until I got rid of the car eight years later... and was a lot cheaper than what the local muffler shops wanted to "run duals" which ( they claimed) was the only thing they could do for me....

'47 Clipper - how 'bout Kanter? (If this is for your Packard...?)

A straight single exhaust should be something a local shop should be able to handle; my local Midas still had cards on my 1950 Chevy Fleetline and my 1961 Willys pick-up, when I has those exhausts done in the mid-'90s...

Check with some of the muffler shops there in TB they should be able to bend one up, the exhaust on my 54 was installed by mides in Ma. before i got the car they should be able to do the same, less hassel than the shipping charges, check the two Canadian Tire stores there grin.gif one of the shops should be able to do something, mine is real quiet, there is also a guy on e-baythat is always selling 55-56 packard exhaust systems in stainless also makes others.

• 2 weeks later...

just spend two days installing my 1950 exhaust system... fits perfect...

The old system was a oval job, and was welded onto the orginal head pipe at the engine. To get it out from the holes in the x-frame, required some hack sawing, and chat-chatting between cuts to rest the arms.

The new system on this year is a 8" tube muffler that is almost 4 feet long. It fit from below the driver to the back seat.

Snaking the pipes were a bit tricky because the car was only 24" off the ground instead of 6 feet on a lift, were you can lift the tail pipe section over the axel...

Sounds better also.